Author Topic: Christine's Transition Adventures  (Read 10889 times)

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
  • I'm "Friday" Mom's Bed Bud
Re: Christine's Transition Adventures
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2019, 10:57:09 AM »
Hi Folks,                         28 November 2018

I visited my primary Tuesday 27 November 18. He said everything looks like it's going well. I'll most likely be on this med for 6 months and then wean off of it. I have an appointment with my Endo on Thursday so I should find out where my Estradiol level is. When this hiccup occurred, I removed all 97 patches. What a relief it was to get all that gooey stuff off my body. I was looking like the wall tile in a run down men's room in Alcatraz penitentiary.

We shall see what she has to say. Personally, I think this started long before this incident and prior to my even thinking about my transition so I don't think the Estradiol played much of a part in this if any at all. One does need to keep in mind that the older we are the more susceptible we are to certain negative medical occurrences; I'm older than most and younger than some. I'm also the oldest I've ever been and the youngest I'll ever be.

When I asked my Endo to bump my estradiol she cautioned me about the possibility of developing a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis), so I was well aware of what could happen. Sometime last year I noticed Petechiae around my ankles after mowing the pasture. As time went on the Petechiae increased; my thinking was that it itched like a rash. Certain OTC meds made things calm down. Little did I know what was in store for this old biddy.

Why am I telling you all this? I want you to be aware of the dangers and make you aware of the symptoms so if you have them you will seek medical intervention immediately. DVT is something you shouldn't ignore; it can kill or worse, reduce one to a vegetable.

I'll return Thursday with an update from my Endo.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:06:20 PM by Christine »
Worrying Never Makes It Better.
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2019, 11:24:30 AM »
Hi Folks,              28 November 2018

I was cautioned about DVT prior to receiving a prescription for Estradiol patches. After my Orchie and having been on the patches about one month I had a blood test for my hormone levels. I had been on Estradiol for 16 days sans AA's when I had my orchie and about 30 days of Estradiol so far. Believe me I was feeling great, no more problems with peeing due to BPH, sleeping better, aggression mostly gone after a lifetime of it, happiness, Boobs presenting themselves, which by the way I make every effort for them to be noticed and when they are I am greatly thankful.

When I went back to my Endo after the blood test, my "T" was 10 and Estradiol was 58. I had a second blood test about a month or so later and my "T" was <3 (not detected) and "E" was way down. (don't remember the exact number but it was low). I asked if we could bump the "E" and she said yes and also reminded me of the very real possibility of DVT, which by the way is well documented in medical literature.

We went ahead and bumped it up and tested it a month or so later; it was now 128 and "T" was still <3, all well and good. I was feeling great and the boobs, albeit slowly, were becoming more noticeable, which I really liked.

I had been mowing the pasture for several years using a combination of a tractor and a commercial walk behind mower. I preferred the walk behind because it afforded me a lot of exercise while mowing. I calculated I was walking about 7.7 miles each mowing. Last year, prior to HRT and me even knowing how to spell Transgender. I was noticing what appeared to be a slight rash around my ankles that looked like Petechiae though I assumed it was a rash because I knew my platelet count was high (clotting factor), I was on 81mg low dose aspirin and bled quite easily if cut. This fact in itself made me think it was Petechiae except for the fact that it cleared quickly and responded well to OTC salves. The other reason: It only appeared where my socks weren't covering my ankle.

I discontinued the aspirin thinking it might possibly be "P." The fact that it cleared quickly and responded well to salves kind of ruled out "P."

Have to back up here; in 2007 I noticed I was limping a lot. I analyzed my gate and sure enough my left leg was weaker than my right. I went to a sports medicine doctor that ran tests on my legs and determined that I had Asymmetric Peripheral Neuropathy. That was exciting. I started walking more and working out my legs. I managed to strengthen the left leg to where the limp was gone.

Sometimes Peripheral Neuropathy of the leg presents itself with severe pain, sometimes with numbness, sometimes both. My case was numbness, which is better than pain. I had tests run twice by a neurologist who confirmed the original diagnosis both times. His conclusion was that at some point I had damaged the Sciatic Nerve. He didn't know when or how and neither did I. I had numerous injuries while skiing (never a good skier though I enjoyed the excitement of skiing the dangerous terrain). I beat myself up pretty good, destroying my knees in the process, but having what I thought was fun (If I only knew what was ahead).

The last time I skied was in 1998 when I realized if I kept it up I was most likely destined for a wheelchair. Not an option I wanted to even consider so I quit that endeavor. Over time I figured out that everything we do has a price tag attached; we just don't know when the bill will come due; my bills were and are piling up.

Back to DVT and its precursor. I never had an indication that I knew of that indicated the possibility of a DVT, until this past Friday 23 Nov 2018, the day after Thanksgiving Day. That's when I realized that what I had been thinking was a rash really was "P."

We came to the conclusion I had better go to the emergency room. Now let me set the record straight; It wasn't me that convinced me to head to the hospital emergency room. It was Dena, the love of my life who I had been Skyping with that convinced me to go there and not to one of those "Doc-In-a-Box" places, which do have their place in the scheme of health care but not when time is of the essence.

In the emergency room they drew blood and did an ultrasound of my left leg. The diagnosis was DVT. They prescribed a standard treatment, Xarelto starter pack. Since this has nothing to do with transitioning, I'm going to supply dosage as there is only a standard dose available. I was prescribed 15mg bid for 21 days and 20mg qd until the doctor says to discontinue it; bid = twice a day, qd = once per day. This med must be taken with food. There is no generic for it and it's relatively expensive. I'm also back on the 81mg low dose aspirin.

Thursday, 29 November 2019, will be the day I visit my Endocrinologist to see where we go, hormone wise, from here. My thinking is the problem was already here before I started my transition. "E" may or may not have played some part in the DVT, which already was an accident waiting to happen. I'm going to present to my Endo what Dena suggested and that is to reduce the "E" to post menopausal levels.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:06:56 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2019, 11:30:55 AM »
Hi Folks,                 29 November 2018

Back from the Endocrinologist; news is not what I wanted to hear but is what it is. I have two clots, both in the deep veins of the left calf. One is about midway up and the other is where the knee bends. I have to stay off the hormones for a couple of months or until the veins clear. No massaging the muscle, no support socks/hose, no heavy work, running, mowing, etc. I get the picture.

My Doctor thinks the Estradiol is the culprit, especially since this occurred after increasing the dosage. I was totally aware that this could happen; since I was "bullet proof" I didn't have a thing to worry about. What happened to that Kevlar I was supposed to be made of? It's tattered, weather beaten and worn from deflecting too many bullets.

I'm going to take it easy for a bit; think I'll retire from Football, boxing and marathon running. Don't know how the Oakland Raiders are going to do without me.

Why couldn't this be as simple as the Orchie? I am going to go to the hospital and retrieve the reports from my emergency treatment. Want to keep informed as well as possible. So that's it for today.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:07:23 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2019, 12:02:15 AM »
Hi Folks,                         01 December 2018

Did retrieve my records from the medical department; lots of paper filled with technical/medical terms. Now a quick "cut to the chase" explains it all:

Occlusive deep vein thrombus identified in the left popliteal and posterior tibial veins. It means I have two blood clots in the deep veins of the left calf muscle. I now have to behave myself, no more mowing the pasture with the walk-behind-mower, no climbing trees, ladders, long plane flights, parties, horseback riding, dancing, you name it. A life filled with exciting things like watching grass grow, a favorite pastime here in Texas.

Now to top off this whole ordeal, I went to another doctor today due to a non healing infection in my right index finger, yes index finger, the one just to the left of the "signal" finger. Back on antibiotics and sits baths for my finger. I have an infection of the nail bed. Had a manicure about four weeks ago; came down with the infection. Either the lady that worked on my nails caused it or I stuck my finger somewhere I shouldn't have. Where would that be you ask? I haven't a clue cause I don't stick my fingers where they shouldn't be.

About time for me to retire for the evening even though it's early morning. I'm going to treat myself to Klondike bar before I retire.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:08:50 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2019, 12:10:40 AM »
Hi Folks,                     05 December 2018

It's been 2 weeks since the clot problem reared its ugly head and one day shy of 2 weeks from going to the emergency room. I hope I'm not premature in letting you know my leg appears to be getting better. The swelling has diminished considerably since the onset of the DVT symptoms. The magic pill, XARELTO, appears to be working. I won't know for certain until I have another ultrasound of my left leg, where the problem appeared. This time, 29 January 2019, they are going to do both legs.

DVT is a serious problem that can cause many health issues including death and is not something one should ignore thinking it'll clear up on it's own. Had it not been for Dena, I would not have gone to the emergency room when I did. She saved my life and/or saved me from losing my leg or ending up a carrot.

What caused this problem? Don't yet know for sure. Dena and I have discussed all the symptoms I have noticed over the past few years; at first they seemed minor, then as time wore on, they came more often and with more severity culminating in my trip to the emergency department the day after Thanksgiving.

One thing I do know is that Estradiol can cause this to happen. Again, Dena and I have discussed this and it is a possibility but, considering the symptoms I have had, which I also had last year prior to my orchi, HRT and transitioning, the chances of the Estradiol/estrogen being the culprit is doubtful. My opinion is that the Blood Pressure med I had been taking until recently, Lisinopril, was a major contributor to this issue.

Bottom line, we need to take charge of our own health care by monitoring our bodies for any changes that may be occurring no matter how insignificant they seem, and asking our health care providers questions. As I learn more about my problem, I'll update this thread. Take care of yourselves.

And now you know who she is. Thanks Dena, I Love You.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:09:23 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2019, 12:31:57 AM »
Hi Folks,                        05 December 2018

Did I ever smoke? Does a steam engine smoke? When I was smoking you couldn't tell the difference between us except I gave off more soot than those old Iron Horses.

I started smoking around 13; whatever I could steal from my folks packs. Not a lot until about the tenth grade. Then it was about a pack a day of Lucky Strike LSMFT regular size and no filter. I really didn't smoke the cigarettes all the way to the end; took a few drags off of it and handed it off to someone else. We did this between classes.

My total smoking amounted to no more than 10 years and wasn't heavy until the year I quit for good, 05 March 1969, 49 years and 9 months as of today. When I quit I was smoking 3 packs a day of those same Lucky Strike coffin nails.

Something a lot of folks don't know is that if you ever smoked you are susceptible to aortic aneurisms, which is why I have an abdominal ultrasound done every other year during my physical. It's non invasive, painless and quick, and may save your life.

I know that the smoking I did caused damage that may now be presenting itself; it can be seen on an Echo-cardiogram. As I have said for many years: "Everything we do has a price tag attached; we just don't know when the bill will come due."

I can say this with 100% certainty, there is nothing that would get me to take even one drag off of a cigarette or any other smoking device.

Dena and I are Skyping at the moment, just a few minutes ago I measured both of my ankles. When this whole thing started my left ankle was 2" larger in circumference than my right. I measured them about a half hour ago and the left is down to 0.75" larger; quite a reduction in size.

I gave up my football career with the Oakland Raiders to be on the safe side. Really don't miss it as I never was comfortable showering with a bunch of men. Now I can shower with us ladies and I enjoy it.

So far the magic pill is doing the job they said it would. The thing they cautioned me on was to not massage the muscle where the clots are, no support hose/socks, and to not lie or sit around doing nothing.

So far so good, I'm just glad I was Skyping with Dena when I noticed the swelling and the red and hot area on my leg. After She looked at it on camera, She sent me packing to the Emergency Department saving my life and/or my leg. All I can say is since she came into my life I am happier than I have ever been in the 78 years I have been on this spaceship.

Thank you for the additional info. I also have asymmetric peripheral neuropathy in my legs, with the left side being the worst. Oddly enough, my feet have been feeling better since I started on the XARELTO protocol. I hope it improves my ability to walk like a sober person. I carry a letter from my doctor explaining I cannot pass a field sobriety test due to this condition. I didn't realize how much I staggered around when I am walking until we had a snow fall. When I went down to the pasture and walked across it and then looked back, I could see I had been wandering around like a drunken sailor; I can relate to that.

Take care my friends and enjoy the fantastic trip transition provides us with.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:17:27 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2019, 12:44:17 AM »
Hola, mis amigas y amigos,                   01 Enero 2019

Just a short DVT update; my treatment appears to be going well. My feet have regained some feeling that has been absent since 2007 when I was first diagnosed with Asymmetrical Peripheral Neuropathy  with the left side being more pronounced than the right.

I have been on and off BP meds for about 10 years (best that I can remember). I have found that if I maintain a healthy diet and get a fair amount of regular aerobic exercise, I can usually wean (key word) myself off those meds. The reason I mention this here is I have a suspicion that BP meds may have contributed to the formation of my DVT.

A note of caution:

Never stop BP meds cold turkey. This is a prescription for a heart attack and or a stroke. Only do so under the supervision of a qualified heart doctor.

If at any time you suspect you have a DVT, get to a real hospital Emergency Department. DVT's are not to be taken lightly, they can kill you or cause you a crippling disability you don't even want to contemplate.

Dena, the love of my life, has been overseeing my treatment. She is the one that saved my life by telling me to get my buns to the real hospital Emergency Department and not some "Doc-In-A-Box" located in a Wally World parking lot.

We have discovered what appears to be a good way of administering the medication Xarelto. It is supposed to be taken with food. It seems if the med is taken right after a fairly substantial meal the med performs much better. The swelling in my left leg diminished substantially when this has been done. Dena's thinking is that the med remains in the digestive tract longer when there is more food preceding it thereby putting more of the med into the blood stream.

Almost forgot: My high school Alumni Association has commissioned a new alumni directory. I was contacted by the publisher to update my records (not the prison ones). I decided to have them publish my bio under the name and gender I will have when I officially change them early this year. Thought this would be the ideal way to out myself to my classmates, saving me a bunch of stamps and time.

That's about it for this morning. Hope you all have a Very Healthy and Happy New Year.

Thank You Dena, You are my Guardian Angel and I Love You.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:20:03 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2019, 12:50:22 AM »
Hi Folks,               I9 January 2019

"Christine's Misadventures on the Highway 17 January 2019"

Had a little excitement late Thursday (17 Jan 19) evening. Dena and I were Skyping when I realized it was getting late and I needed milk for breakfast. Around 2200 hrs (10:00 PM) I decided to head to Braum's Dairy store. I headed east on my only access road out of here; cruising along at the posted speed limit, about a mile and a half along I woke up and wouldn't you know it, a couple trees jumped right out in front of me. I swerved and missed the BIG one and kind of gave the second one a right punch to the torso with the passenger side of the car.

It felt and sounded like an explosion; glass and all kinds of shrapnel were flying around inside. Once safely past those nasty trees, I looked around and saw a huge gap where the door used to meet the "A" pillar and roof; the dashboard ain't the same as it used to be either. Conclusion: The car is no longer weather tight. The right "A" pillar was moved rearward and up changing the contour of the roof, The right front fender and door are trashed, But the old buzzard continued to drive in a normal fashion so I continued on to Braum's.

When I stepped out of the car, lots of glass crumbs fell to the ground. Went in, got my milk and headed home. It was a drafty ride to say the least,  and my vision out the right side of the windscreen was somewhat compromised by the distortion of the glass. I made it home in one piece and the car made it home in more pieces than it started with.

Dena was there waiting for me on Skype. She suggested I run to the emergency room to have them check my right eye as some junk did get into it, possibly glass. I do follow her advice as She has saved me before and I wasn't about to question her judgment.

Decided not to drive my recently customized S10 Blazer so I asked a neighbor to do the deed for me. Got in quickly and had it checked; nothing could be seen in it but the eyewash eliminated the sensation of foreign substances being there.

When I arrived home about an hour or so later, Dena was still there waiting for me. Thank You Dena, I Love You more each passing day.

My decision to go out to buy milk was a poor one. I was tired and knew it. As I started down the road a voice inside me told me to turn around and go home. I told myself I could make it OK. Results indicate otherwise; my decision to push on was an extremely poor one. Fortunately, no one was injured.

Moral to this story: If you can't figure it out, my telling you won't be of much help.

Anyone want to buy a 1999 S10 Blazer? I'm selling one cheap that has new tires on the rear and a full tank of gas.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:21:19 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2019, 01:08:30 AM »
Dear Debi and Tia Anne,                      19 January 2019

Had nothing to do with you Ladies or your car. I have done this for years, nodding off that is. It was going to catch up to me one of these days; it did and the only one hurt was a car that was destined for the ash heap anyway. I guess my ego was a bit bruised, but that's a small price to pay considering how bad it could have been. I've mentioned the little voice that gives me advice, and when I don't listen to it I get into trouble; this was one of those cases. It told me to turn around and go home early enough to have avoided it, had I done what it told me to do. Instead I told myself "I can make it." Should have listened.

I have a sleep study the 31st of this month. Dena has been encouraging me to have one so the 31st was the earliest I could get in.

As strange as this may seem, I had my primary give me a referral for the study. The referrals were sent multiple times but never got there. Long story short the neurologist that does the sleep study moved and somehow wires were crossed and the referrals never arrived.

Eventually, I found where he went and got the ball rolling. Believe me, Dena has been on me everyday about this. If I had already been in Phoenix you can be assured She would have made the appointment Herself and taken me there. This was a wake up call I won't soon forget.

Now, I hope the trip is going along very well and that you Ladies are having a great time. I really enjoyed our visit Thursday and am looking forward to your return in February and us getting together again. Hopefully, the sleep study will discover the cause and the doc can find a remedy that'll work without pumping me full of drugs. I do know that caffeine works so that may be a clue to what the source of the problem is. If only I had listened to Dena; she repeatedly told me to "Not Go" because I couldn't drive. I didn't listen and I paid the price. From that point on I decided Dena is in charge. Hindsight is always 20/20, and there are NO do-overs.

I really admire and envy you Ladies for all you do and have done. I'm hoping that Dena and I will soon be doing things I know she likes to do. Believe me I'm working on it. Now, if I can just keep myself out of trouble for the next few months. Once I'm in Phoenix I am going to let Dena take charge of me. She is a beautiful, brilliant and wonderful Lady who I trust implicitly. With her running the show I'll probably live much longer than if I continue making many decisions. I can't wait until I am actually in Phoenix with Her. She is the Sunshine and the Love of my life. I Love You Dena and Always will.

Please keep us updated on your Honeymoon, it's a real pleasure reading about you Ladies and your adventures.

All my Love to both of you Ladies and God Bless you both.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:22:50 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2019, 01:14:01 AM »
Hi Folks,                       20 January 2019

I'm not sure of the duration of my Nap while "Sleep Driving" but it could have been "worser." I really think the Good Lord allowed me to escape injury to teach me a lesson. Had I been wasted, what would I have learned; only what it's like being on the non-green side of the lawn.

As stated earlier, I have one Very Good Reason to stop the foolishness: Dena. I think the Boss Up Stairs wants me to be with Her so He arranged a small demonstration of what can happen when I don't listen to Her and go do stupid things. Yes Boss, I got Your Warning Big Time. Yes Sir, I'm a going to get my act together. Napping while driving ain't going to cut it.

The one really great thing to come out of this is that no innocent person was harmed. As for the tree, it shouldn't have jumped out in front of me, especially since I was napping.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:25:45 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2019, 01:27:56 AM »
Hi Folks,                20 January 2019

This is from Dena after the accident:

"I am far from an expert on sleep issues but my guess is a mild form of Narcolepsy. She will drift off for as little as a few seconds or as long as 20 minutes then wake up almost as if nothing happened. It's something that dated back to when she was very young and she seems to live by a different biological clock. There doesn't seem to be any breathing problems so I don't think a C-pap machine would make any difference. It's also relatively easy to wake her up as I have done it accidentally by making noise so now I mute my microphone so I can observe what happens naturally."

Thanks Dena Dear, You saved my life.

Dena's now in charge. As she mentioned this has been happening for 50 to 60 years.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:27:10 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2019, 01:32:21 AM »
Hi Dena and Good Morning,                       20 January 2019

Thank You Dear, You are my Guardian Angel and I Love You.

Tomorrow is the day the vascular surgeon will check my DVT and do an ultrasound on both legs. Ten days later, it's the long over due "Sleep Study." I hope they can find an easy treatment that will put this problem in the rear-view mirror. This has gone on far too long and I am at fault for ignoring or "pooh poohing" it over the years.

I now care because You are in my life and You are truly the "Sunshine and Love of My Life" and I don't want that to change or come to an untimely end. I still have at least 25 more years to go; I'll accomplish this if I listen to You, my Angel.

Thank You Dear for Your frank and honest post. I value Your opinion and thoughts and I know You care.

To all here on this site, if Dena gives you advice you really should listen to Her; She is extremely Brilliant and knowledgeable and has many years of experience; She truly cares about each and every one of us, not just me.

Thanks everyone for reading and posting.

I Love You Dena Dear,

Your Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:28:15 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2019, 01:41:50 AM »
Hi Young Lady                          20 January 2019

Thank you young lady. I gave up coffee in May 1986. I was drinking 20 cups a day minimum, a six-pack of Coke and had a diet that was almost total fat and cholesterol. I landed in the Emergency Room (When have I experienced that?) with my BP at 400/200, my heart skipping beats and who knows what else was wrong.

I talked to my Boss Upstairs, you know, The Good Lord. I made him a promise that if he would fix my problems I'd change my ways. He did and I did and for a long time I behaved myself. Back then, before I changed, I ate and drank everything I shouldn't and nothing of what I should. Once out of the Hospital, I turned a new leaf. 18 years later I was in the best shape of my life. I was 64, breezed through the Police Academy and was on top of the world.

I plan to get back on top again, probably not as high as before but I'm not going to throw in the towel any time soon. I have a Very Important Person waiting for me in Phoenix. Dena is the best Person and Lady to ever be a part my life and that includes my family; she surpasses everyone and I'm not about to do anything to mess things up. I know I have come close but those close calls should now be extinct. There are no words to adequately describe how much She means to me. As I've said: She Is the Sunshine and the Love Of My Life.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:31:41 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2019, 01:48:08 AM »
Hi Folks,                   21 January 2019

Had my appointment with the vascular surgeon today. All is not bad but things are not as good as I'd have liked. I cannot remember all the medical terms that were laid on my plate today. Thursday I will pick up the Doctor's report and his diagnosis. Once I have it I'll be able to share it with you.

He did tell me to stay off the Estradiol until after I see my Primary, a hematologist, my endocrinologist and him again. What is going on is complicated but manageable. I will be wearing Medical Compression Hosiery from now on. The pair I bought at the doctors office are of the alluring colour Beige; I can hardly wait to (gag, gag) put them on.

The good news is they do have other colours; just so happens they do make them in Pink so I can assure you I will have a couple pair in that colour along with some in Violet and Fuchsia if they are available. Beige just doesn't ring my bell.

He did say the Estradiol could have contributed to the DVT in that Estrogen is a factor in clotting as is Testosterone, except more so for estrogen, which is why more women develop blood clots than men. Now I find out. There will be a way around this. I think the hematologist and endocrinologist will be able to come up with something so I can get back on the estradiol and my feminization process.

I know DVT's are serious business and nothing to be sneezed at. They can kill you or mess you up so badly that you will wish they had.

The Doctor was upset that the emergency room PA instructed me to NOT wear a compression stocking.

The ultrasound done today was more comprehensive than the one done in ER. The lady doing the study only found one clot, but she found other problems that very well may have contributed to my DVT. If there were two clots, then I have made progress. He did inform me that the clot they found today may never disappear completely. I didn't like hearing that but reality is what it is so no point in dwelling on it. I'm just going to seek out the best medical care I can and will follow what they instruct me to do.

I can be a pretty obstinate individual and I am going to do everything I possibly can to clean up this mess and get back as close as possible to normal. This and my tree meeting have been humbling experiences. I've always thought on myself as bullet proof; that illusion is now history.

As soon as I know more I'll post it. In the mean time I appreciate your concern and comments. I thank you for your support, you make me proud to be a member of this great family.

Thank You Dena for being the Love of My Life. I Love You Dear, Christine

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:32:08 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2019, 01:54:10 AM »
Hi Folks,                       29 January 2019

Have an appointment tomorrow, Wednesday 30 Jan 19, with a Hematologist to see what may have caused the DVT. There are certain factors (Markers) in our blood that may predispose us to these nasty events. Hopefully I'll find out I don't have any and can get back on my hormones. When I get the results, I'll let you-all know.

Thursday, 31 Jan 19, I have my preliminary appointment for a sleep study. I'm sure you all have read about the tree that jumped out in front of me. Well, some people sleep walk or walk in their sleep. Then there are folks like me that sleep drive or drive in their sleep. Apparently I have a problem that causes me to drop off at the most inopportune times, to wit the tree incident. I checked the tree yesterday, doesn't seem any worse for wear and tear. Darn those immovable objects; you should see the car. I'll try to post a photo one of these days before I send it off to the scrap heap.

That meet up kind of put a dent in my vehicle's ability to provide me protection from wet and cold weather so I decided to bring out my favorite car, that I have allowed to languish in semi-retirement, or maybe an extended vacation. At any rate, the trusty old Crown Vic seems to have developed a couple problems just sitting around. Since the CV was my trusty Police Car when I was a cop, I want to rehabilitate her and get her back on the road.

I chose to drive the Blazer only because it has a lot of room in the back for my tree tools and it works well for the three pups when they have to go somewhere. But, it is by far the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever driven or ridden in. There's just no room in the front area for anyone over 3 feet tall. Also the seats are a sorry excuse for something that holds our posterior in its confines. I think the people that designed this car were sadists; being in this car for any trip over 5 miles was/is a real pain in the can. Hopefully, I'll have the CV back in top notch shape in short order.

On Monday 11 Feb 19, I have a visit scheduled with my Endocrinologist. Between her, the hematologist, my vascular surgeon and my primary doctor, we will decide if I can return to Estradiol. Just a note here; We have been warned that Estradiol can cause DVT's; So can Testosterone. Both hormones cause the blood to be sticky but "E" makes it stickier than "T" does. Nothing is perfect, there's always something that can upset the apple cart.

Not to forget Thursday 28 Feb 19 I have another ultrasound of both legs at the local Baylor hospital. By the time all this is done, three months will have elapsed since Dena saved my life.

Since I am a poor decision maker, Dena and I have decided she will have the final say on my decisions, other than mundane items like which panties to wear today; I can make those without endangering anyone.

I gotta go, I got up to P, have a cup of hot chocolate, which I did and now it's time to return to the rack, lots to do today.

Thank You Dena Dear, I Love You, Christine

Remember folks, She saved my buns so I could continue posting my sordid life's story, which reminds me I haven't posted a story in a while.

My best recommendation for everyone is "Don't try the stuff I have done." It's a prescription for disaster.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:32:39 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2019, 02:00:19 AM »
Hi Folks,                       26 February 2019

It has been almost a month since I did an update. My tree accident happened about a month and 9 days ago. I have a second car that I preferred over the Blazer, but chose the Blazer as my daily driver because it was handy for taking the pups to the places they have to go and for hauling my Arborist equipment.

Since I turned the Blazer into a  semi-drivable junk pile, I am limited in when and where I can drive it. Back in 2011, 09 June to be exact, I decided to quit driving my 2000 Crown Victoria; I let it sit for almost 8 years. I'd start it periodically to keep the battery charged and to let it know I hadn't forsaken it. About four years ago it wouldn't start; the electric fuel pump up and quit. So it sat here until the Blazer disaster. I have been working on the problems I have found with it that would prevent it from passing the mandatory safety/global warming inspection.

I found that the windshield wipers only worked on high speed and wouldn't park, the neutral safety switch is defective and of course the fuel pump, which is in the fuel tank, is Kaput and was immersed in approximately 17 or so gallons of 8 year old stale fuel. So far I have managed to extract over 15 gallons of that stinky substance, replaced the wiper motor and have the car ready for a new windshield, which I forgot to mention that it needs.

Tomorrow the neutral safety switch will be replaced and if time and weather permits, I will tackle the fuel pump which requires removing the fuel tank, a nasty job at best. I checked with the Ford dealer to see what they would charge and got an estimate of $1100.00. Being retired and on a fixed income, I decided I could do the job a whole lot cheaper and probably better. It just takes me longer due to the weather and sheer laziness. My current goal is to have it running by Friday. That may be fantasy, but what the heck, I can dream can't I.

The Crown Vic was my cop car and is still my favorite ride. It's fast and maneuverable and handles well. It's been over 140 mph during a few high speed chases, which I won against motorcycles. I won because I was a crazier idiot than the idiots I was chasing. Those days are long behind me and I know Dena would kick my backside if I ever tried anything like that again.

Once the Vic gets to Phoenix, it's going to the body shop for a minor bit of body work to patch the bullet holes and a nice paint job and new leather interior. I'm considering Pink in place of the original black with a pink and blue leather interior to replace the current dark gray.

Thursday I go in for another ultrasound of my legs to see if the DVT has hopefully  disappeared or is digressing at a significant rate. Will let you know. The drug I am on is Xarelto which seems to be working well. It does have some issues relative to bleeding out if cut or a hemorrhage occurs. There is no known antidote like there is for warfarin or some of the other blood "thinners' (actually anticoagulants) that some folks take. The med I'm on is usually a 6 month course of treatment. I have a little under three months to go if everything goes well and the doctor thinks I can be weaned off this drug. I'm sure I'll have to go on something to help prevent further DVT's or other clots. I'm hoping I can resume HRT; I miss it, I'm not as happy as I was, don't sleep as well as before stopping HRT, peeing is becoming slightly more difficult though not as it was before I began HRT. Everything is going to be up to my doctors; I have no intention of going it alone (self medicating), I have one habit I want to continue with and that's Breathing.

Take care, I'll post any info I get that's relevant to this situation.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:33:16 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2019, 02:05:36 AM »
Hi Folks,                        20 March 2019

Here we are, almost 1 quarter of the year used up. I did accomplish a few things, which will follow:

Monday evening I had a sleep study to find out why I keep falling asleep at inappropriate times. Dena had been on my case to get it done since last year. I wasn't procrastinating, it was a mix up at the doctor's office. Had I had it done when Dena suggested it, I most likely would not have had the accident I had 17 January 2019.

The sleep technician woke me up about 0625 Tuesday morning and said they found the problem. The only comment she made was: "Dena saved your life again." I have been trying to decode her message and have developed a couple theories, which I'll leave where they lie. Hopefully I'll have a follow up this week or early next week.

As you are probably aware I have been working on Vic, my favorite car, which was my cop car when I was a LEO. She is now running extremely well. On Thursday 14 March 19, I sent her to a shop to have the new fuel pump installed. At 1724 hours CDT I received a call that I could take Vic home and that she would be ready when I got there. I drove her home, the first time I had driven her in almost 8 years. What a pleasure it was to feel and hear the power of her mighty engine.

There were still a few things I had to do. She needed her fuel injectors cleaned, a couple rubber insulators installed on the exhaust system. I added  fuel injector cleaner to the fuel tank and drove her a fair amount. After about 150 miles the "Check Engine" light came on. She was running lean in both banks, a good indication that the injectors were a bit clogged. Added more injector cleaner and drove her a bit hard. The more I drove her the better she ran. On Monday 18 March 19 I took her in for inspection. She passed.

Yesterday I bought her a new set of tires; what a difference that made to her ride quality. I have continued driving her a bit hard, lots of hard acceleration to help clear the injectors. Today I took all my paperwork to the county tax office and registered her. They even allowed me to use the same plate she got about 15 years ago. When I got home I put the new sticker on her new windscreen and fastened the plate to the rear. She is now legal to drive in 50 of the 57 states. I did take her out for a couple fast romps. I'm sure she is as happy as I am to have her back doing what she does so well. I know she will enjoy having Dena at her controls once we get to Phoenix.

That's about it until I hear from the sleep follow up. I'll be sure to let you know the results.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:33:44 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2019, 02:17:04 AM »
Hi Folks,                     27 March 2019

Today marks the 1st anniversary of my starting HRT; notice the key word "Starting." This first year of HRT has been interrupted by a DVT that appeared 23 November 2018; I have been off "Her-mones" ever since. I was on almost 8 months and have been off a bit over four. Yes, I am happy to be alive but not happy to be off.

I had my sleep study on 18 -  19 March. I have a follow-up appointment this Friday 29 March at 1145 hrs CDT. I'm anxious to learn what is causing my problem with staying awake. Hope it's something simple like "Eat more Chocolate Chip Cookies." That would be great but not going to hold my breath.

On 17 April 2019 I have an appointment for another D-dimer blood test that looks for signs of disintegrating blood clots. If it's above 0.5 then I still have a clot or clots that need to be eradicated. Will I ever get back on Her-mones? I sure hope so as my transition is kind of like a car stuck in Neutral; going nowhere fast.

After the blood test I have an appointment with the hematologist 24 April to figure out how much longer I need to be on Xarelto and what can I do HRT wise. That will require a coordinated consultation between the Hematologist and my Endocrinologist.

So medically, that's where I am at this moment, thankfully, I'm still here.

Yesterday was the day the "wreck," my old Blazer was laid to rest. She served me well for almost 13 years. Believe me, I didn't shed a tear as I rode away leaving her sitting in the Auto Recycler's parking lot. She was without a doubt the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever ridden in or driven. Now it's Vic taking me where I need to go, though only during daylight hours.

Maybe next time I'll have something more interesting to write about. Wishing you all the very best along your journey along your chosen highway.

Lastly, but not leastly, I want to Thank the Love of My Life for Saving it. Thank You Dena, I Love You With All My Heart and Soul.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:34:28 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2019, 02:23:33 AM »
Hi Folks,                        29 March 2019

Lots of news  today, but first off Anesthesia: My knee surgeon and his group practice quit using GA about 10 years ago due to most patients being older ladies and men. GA has a bad history relative to older folks. I did a lot of research on this and it isn't something I want to fool with. The last time I had it, it took me a good two weeks to get my brain halfway back to abby-normal. Don't want to try it again

The aforementioned surgical team uses a spinal or epidural along with a slow Propofol drip to keep you in the twilight zone. Granted knee replacement surgery is of shorter duration than GCS, about 1.5 - 2 hours to replace a knee. When I had my orchi they insisted I be out so we settled on a propofol drip and a little Fentanyl if necessary. From the photos I have of my surgery, it just might be a bit uncomfortable if one is awake. I still regret not pushing harder to watch.

Had my sleep follow up. Here's the diagnosis:
1. Obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome, moderate to severe, severe in the supine position.
2. Nocturnal hypoxemia is also recorded within oxygen nadir of 81%. 4% of the total sleep time is spent in O2 saturation less than 88%.
5. Her sleep is somewhat fragmented. 142 arousals (please keep minds clean) are recorded with an index of 43 per hour.

The report is five pages long. I sent the original full color report to Dena; she is smarter than me and knows a whole lot more than I do about these things.

As Dena has speculated, they also think it's possible I have a mild case of Narcolepsy. They wanted to try a med and I refused the offer.

As an aside, they gendered me correctly while there and in the report. There was one typo where they stated: "She has abnormal sensations in his feet." I can overlook that and laugh at the humor of that statement. They always use Christine when they address me. Any more, when someone asks for my name, I tell them Christine; it has become automatic because that's who I am.

This coming April "Foos-Day" I have another sleep study, this time while wearing a CPAC or whatever it's called. If I get a good night's rest and don't have all the near death events I experience, I'll be getting one to live with.

Now, as for Vic, she needs some front end work, stuff left over from before I let her rest for 8 years. The pitman arm needs to be replaced along with the upper ball joints and tie rod ends. I have all the parts that I bought about 8 years ago. I'm having trouble getting the Pitman arm off the sector shaft (spline shaft that comes out of the steering gear box that the pitman arm is attached to). If you have rack and pinion steering, the pitman arm doesn't exist.

I soaked it with penetrating oil yesterday afternoon. I'm going to try again using the pitman arm puller I used yesterday w/o success. If it works, I'll replace everything today and have the front end aligned tomorrow. If it doesn't work I may apply heat directly to the pitman arm using my acetylene torch, being careful to not directly heat the sector shaft.

If all else fails, I'll put it back together and work on it Monday if I can find a super heavy duty pitman arm puller. The one I am using is one I borrowed from O'Reilly's Auto Parts; it isn't up to the task. A really good one made in the USA can cost several hundred bucks. Not a good investment for occasional or one time use. I have several options I am letting circulate in my feeble brain.

That about does it for today; next update should occur next Tuesday after my next sleep over.

Thanks, when are you planning your bottom surgery? Once I'm settled in Phoenix, Dena and I will venture over to Dr. Ley's office for a consult on mine. I hope they have kits I can select from by then. I want a Pretty Kitty.

Not much older than you? I bet I have at least 10 or more on you. I'll be 79 this year if I make it to August. No plans on checking out in the next 25 years unless another tree jumps in front of me. Hopefully that possibility will be eliminated shortly.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:20:34 AM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2019, 02:27:53 AM »
Hi Ladies,                             02 April 2019

Had my second sleep study last night / this morning. Used a CPAP machine, started with a nasal piece (2 different styles) and then graduated to a face mask. The latter seems to be the direction I will be going. Had a lot of REM sleep (don't remember the dreams I supposedly had) and left there fairly well rested.

Using the CPAP will require some serious changes here at home. The pups currently sleep with me. That will soon stop. I'll let them have the current bedroom and I will move to one with it's own bathroom, the Mother-In-Law room, currently used for storage.

I have been packing things for the move to Phoenix and this room is where the boxes are stacked. I think there's enough room for the bed. I'll miss the pups but that's the price I have to pay so I can hopefully avoid additional unexpected sleep episodes.

The accident I had in January was a rude awakening. Dena had been on my case to have the study back last year and the night of the accident She warned me and asked me to not go to the Dairy store. In my arrogance I didn't listen to Her; we all know the result of my stupidity. Dena is now in charge; I'm a poor decision maker when it comes to me. I have always taken too many chances, constantly pushing the envelope; an accident looking for a place to happen. It finally caught up to me. Fortunately, only the car, tree and my ego were damaged. The car? It's in the junkyard where it should have been the day it came off the assembly line. That's the best I can say for the Chevy S10 Blazer.

Time to have Bfast , wash my hair and shower. The sleep study entails a large number of electrodes attached to one's melon. Mine is full of gooey goop that kept the electrodes in place. Later this week I should learn exactly which machine I will be getting. It'll probably be Nuclear Powered and in my favorite color PINK. That's what the sleep tech has requested.

Thank You Dena for saving me from myself; three times and counting. I Love You With All My Heart and Soul.

Back when I know more.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:39:49 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org