Author Topic: Christine's Transition Adventures  (Read 11105 times)

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
  • I'm "Friday" Mom's Bed Bud
Re: Christine's Transition Adventures
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2020, 03:41:49 AM »
Hi Lady Sarah,                14 February 2020

First off I want to wish you a Happy Valentines Day.

I'm glad that you were able to escape such harsh and outrageous treatment. I have often wondered what motivates adults to treat their children with such abject cruelty. I think in my father's case it was sheer cowardice. He was gutless except when he was beating me. Years later when I was 65 and a cop, I had a discussion with him about the way he raised me. I didn't mention the beatings I just said to him: "If you were raising me today the way you raised me back when I was a child, you would be in prison." His response was; "You deserved it." That was comforting to know. I asked him why I deserved it. He said: "You didn't listen." Gee, at 2 years old I didn't listen. I learned something that day: It was a wasted exercise.

He passed away the next year and my mother the year after. I felt no remorse, just relief. I have had really great friends in my life, one as far back as 77 years. Most of my close friends have now passed on.

I do have one Friend that is the Love of My Life and the most important person to ever be in it. Most of you know Her as Dena.

Child abuse is a learned trait. It is passed down from one generation to the next; one of the reasons I am glad I never had children. By the time I figured out what was wrong with me, I was 47 years old. There's no guarantee a person that was abused as a child will become a child abuser when they mature, but, there is a significant possibility they will.

Best Always, Love

Christine

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:38:43 PM by Christine »
Worrying Never Makes It Better.
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2020, 01:15:29 PM »
Hi Folks,              15 February 2020

How about a couple Doggie stories for a change. If you don't like Doggie stories, think of this as Kitty stories. I'm sure many of the folks here would love to have a kitty of their own.

Many Years Ago:

Around 1981, my wife was feeding the dogs in the kitchen. We had three poodles, two small and one medium. My wife set two of their dishes on the throw rugs that were on the tile floor; she set the other on the tile.

When Irving, the medium Poodle tried to eat, the bowl would slide across the tile floor. Irving, being the smart pooch that he was, picked up his bowl and carried it over to the dining room, which was carpeted, set it down and finished his supper.

That took problem solving ability.

These Days:

Friday, my little Jack Russell buddy is quite smart as well. I have a small trash receptacle in my office that has a lid that opens when one presses the pedal. Friday loves to chew up paper and has learned how to open that contraption. Unfortunately, the lid is a bit lower than Friday stands so it's reasonably sized for him to get into.

I am now running an experiment on his ability to figure out how to get into it now that I have made a small change. What have I done? I turned the receptacle 180° so the hinge is the only side he can access unless he figures out how to turn the can around or pulls it out to where he can get on the opposite side where the pedal is.

What do I think? You don't want to know what I think; I know he's smart.

Update 30 April 2020: He figured out he could turn it.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:09:09 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2020, 08:30:58 PM »
Hi Folks,                  16 February 2020

Here Is a post from my ship's website. I extracted the post and photos and am posting it here for your enjoyment and education. The education part first:

1. Blasphemy will get you somewhere you may not want to go.
2. Drinking Alcohol and driving afterwards "ain't" a great idea.

This story is about a trip to Fatima Portugal my buddy Hank and I took during our July 1966 port call in Lisbon Portugal:

Hank and Chet's Travel Adventures in Portugal, July 1966

During the USNS Bowditch's July 1966 port call in Lisbon Portugal, Hank Mullaney (GI) and I (Navy) decided to visit the shrine at Fatima. During most of our imports Hank and I would share a rental car except when we were in Belfast. Hank, having been born in Dublin, had family there so he usually rented a car and drove down and stayed with relatives. I would rent one and drive to the Embassy Club where I would stay with the, uh, local virgins.

The day of our trip to Fatima was bright and sunny, perfect sports car weather, especially for a car that had a top that could be lowered. We found the perfect car rental agency that specialized in high performance sport touring vehicles. The Triumph Herald immediately caught our eye. Its low-slung chassis and ultra wide stance made it the perfect road car for our trip, or so we thought.

We signed the papers and off we went. The trip to Fatima was quite enjoyable though uneventful. The scenery was rugged but beautiful. Traffic was light so we didn't have to contend with other drivers that thought they were Grand Prix racers; we already had two of our own.

On the way to Fatima Hank Mullaney decides to check the highway's suitability for a High Speed Test Run in our rented "Sports car."   

After we arrived at the shrine we walked around taking in the sights. It is a beautiful and very sacred place. In my infinite wisdom I decided to make a few sacrilegious jokes and or comments. Chalk it up to stupidity and more stupidity. Pay back wouldn't be long in coming.

The Fatima Basilica at Fatima Portugal, the goal of our trip.

Fatima Basilica 06/05/2001 copied from Wikipedia:
 (Used by permission under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.)

The shrine is quite large so it took a good bit of time to walk around and see the sights. Needless to say we got a bit hungry in the process, and a bit thirsty too, if you know what I mean. The next order of business was to find a nice restaurant where we could have a good meal and a bit of refreshment to "re-hydrate" ourselves.

We found a place close by where we could sit outside while enjoying our meal and refreshments. Well, after a couple bottles of wine each, we were ready to tackle the High Speed Test Run of our rented Triumph Herald "Sports Car." Don't ask what we had to eat cause I'm not sure we ate. Drinking wine is basically the same as eating grapes, right? Let's just say we had a "Liquefied Fruit Salad."

Feeling quite confident in our sobriety (read that as "Feeling No Pain"we hopped into our rented Sports Car and headed for Lisbon. I was flying co-pilot so I didn't have access to any of the controls except the emergency brake, which I don't think worked. Hank was flying the thing and I was navigating, so to speak. As I said, we weren't feeling any pain. When we got to a section of the road that looked like a good place for the High Speed Test Run, Henry put the hammer down and let her rip. I was watching the speed-o-meter climb past 100 clicks. Seemed like we should have been airborne momentarily.

As this highly stable racing platform hurtled down the highway at a blistering pace we noticed that just ahead the road no longer went in the same direction we were pointing. There was a major "jag" (as we say in Texas) in the road. It went to the right and when I say right I mean immediately, hairpin style. Henry began applying the brakes to slow our guided missile. The only problem we encountered was that the brake pedal hit the floor with a resounding thud. Henry's only comment was: "I think we have a systems failure."

He began pumping that pedal like he was afraid we might hit a wall or some other stationary object. Well guess what, there was a stone-wall looming straight ahead. As we arrived at the curve Hank turned the wheel to the right but our rented Sports Car ignored the turn command and kept going for the wall. It was about this time I came to the conclusion that we were going to wake up dead. Payback Time!

Just as the car went off the road the frantic pumping of the brakes finally forced a few drops of fluid into the brake cylinders. She started to slow a little then she seemed to remember something about a command to turn right and made an attempt to get back to the highway. We slid sideways through the grass and dirt finally sliding sideways onto the roadway. The only problem now was that our inertia was 90 degrees off center. You guessed it, as soon as the wheels hit the pavement our rented Sport Car, with the low center of gravity and ultra wide track racing suspension, showed us what a stable platform it was. It flipped like a tossed coin. Over we went and of course our momentum carried us down the road a bit in the inverted mode. I enjoy Blue Side Down while flying but not when driving.

Successful End of High Speed Test Run in a rented Sports Car; we dodged the wall, that's success!   

Without a top and no seat belts it was going to be a miracle for us to remain in the car. But miracle of miracles, we weren't tossed out. As the car rolled over the windscreen shattered into a zillion pieces. The only thing that saved us from being trapped inside was the windshield frame and the small vent window frame on the passenger door. They held the passenger side up enough to provided us with an escape route.

As our rented Sports Car came to a halt, I realized I wasn't dead yet; I looked out the opening between the door and road surface to a dreadful sight. My Nikon Camera was rolling down the road, bouncing as it went. As soon as our inverted slide stopped, I crawled out and started to run after my camera. Before I could get two steps away I heard Hank yelling "Get me out of here." I went back and pulled Henry from the newly modified rented "Sports Car." As soon as he was safely out we both retrieved our cameras and commenced taking pictures of the outcome of our just completed "High Speed Test Run" in a rented Sports Car.

What's an Armadillo from Texas doing in Portugal?   

We were pretty much in the boonies, though it didn't take long for a crowd to gather. I think most of those folks came out of the woods though they may have been hiding behind that wall just waiting for some fools to come flying down the highway in a rented Sports Car.

The wreckers have arrived.

Thank goodness the wipers are OK.   

Fortunately a couple gentleman that spoke perfect English came along and offered to help us. They advised us not to call the police, as that would just "complicate" matters, like maybe JAIL. They helped us push the car into town where we shoved it into a parking space; they then found a taxi willing to haul us back to Lisbon so off we went.

The Pit Crew from Heaven. Thanks for the help gentleman.  

It was already dark thirty when we arrived back at the ship. Good old Doc Peacock treated our wounds and made sure we were fit for late night sports. Once he cleared us as being medically fit, we did what any normal American male would do; we headed back to town so we could enjoy some additional refreshments with our shipmates.

The Bowditch was set to sail the next afternoon; before leaving we called the rental agency and told them their rental Sports Car was in Fatima with a few  "minor mechanical problems." They weren't too happy when they arrived in Fatima and saw the extent of the minor mechanical problems. They called the American Embassy and raised hell about how we treated their fine rental Sports Car. We were gone and the Dutton was still in port. Any guess as to which ship got the nasty call from the Embassy? Our apologies to Dutton and Ocunit Two, 41 years late.

The moral of this story is: Careful what you say and think. The folks upstairs know everything.

Well folks, we survived that accident but unfortunately my friend Hank passed away in 2007. We had a lot of fun in the various ports we visited. Hank and I also worked together in Japan and the Pacific Ocean aboard the USNS Michelson T-AGS 23. 

Dena helped me (She did all of the Intellectual work) put this post together. I had never done one with photos before. She is a Brilliant Engineer and the Love of My Life. So, if you like and enjoy this post, thank Dena; without Her expertise it wouldn't be here.

If you are wondering what this post has to do with my transition, well, Everything. Had I not survived it my transition would have been over before it ever started.

Best Always, Love

Christine

PS:
You probably noticed multiple references to "Highly Stable" "Sports Car" and other bits of satire/sarcasm. The Triumph was the most unstable and dangerous automobile I have ever been in. Its center of gravity was above the roof, it was so narrow it would roll over just by leaning on it. It was a car that should never have been built. Where was Ralph Nader when we needed him? Thank the Good Lord for forgiving my blasphemous ways.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:10:09 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2020, 11:58:07 AM »
Hi Folks,            17 February 2020

Glad you mentioned the windscreen frame being a safety feature. All these passing years I have wondered why that windscreen frame held the car up enough to allow us to escape. We were lucky it didn't trap us and burst into flames. That liquid you see on the roadway is fuel and oil. We were very lucky we weren't badly injured,

We came away with a few bumps, bruises, scrapes and bits of glass stuck in a few places; nothing that would prevent us from partaking in the late evening festivities at the local watering holes.

Some of the crazy things we did during our port calls was absolute stupidity fueled by alcohol. I'm amazed we managed to defy the odds and survived.

As I was editing this post Wednesday 13 May 2020, I thought of some of our crazy exploits at sea. Think this is the subject for a new post on this thread.

Take Care and stay away from Triumph Heralds.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:58:45 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2020, 01:30:41 PM »
Hi Folks,                17 February 2020

I thought I had seen it all until a few min ago on my way back to the house: a truck with this sign on it: "Dog Poop Pick Up Service  800 Pup Poop"

The truck was traveling fairly fast so I had to push the speed limit a good bit to make sure I read the sign correctly. I Did

I called and it's legit; been in business 32 years. Had a great conversation with the owner, lots of laughs. It made my day.

If you have a fenced in yard and have dogs, they will clean your yard of dog poop on a regular schedule.

I'm still laughing at this whole thing.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:12:02 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2020, 11:03:14 AM »
Hi Folks,               23 February 2020

One thing I forgot to mention about the Triumph Herald: It was UGLY, but not as UGLY as the French Citroen.

Next up, Tomorrow's new PINK Hair do. Think I'll ask them to add silver and purple highlights. I want this "Do" to be extra special.

Then a story about a Spanish Seat Hertz rental and a trip from Santander, Spain to France and the adventures we had with it in Santander Spain. Still have a sort of souvenir from/for that car. Since that was 54 years ago, I doubt there is a visible trace of that car remaining.... except here. Not referring to photos.

Until Later.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:12:33 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2020, 01:29:29 AM »
Hi Folks,                02 March 2020

One sixth of the year is gone already and I haven't done squat. Guess I had better get into gear.

Santander Spain - 1966

During the summer of 1966, our ship, the USNS Bowditch, ported in Santander Spain. We had 7 days to explore the town and surrounding areas. It was my turn to rent the car so off we went to the local Hertz agency. We found it close to where our ship docked so it was an easy walk.

For some strange reason we came to the conclusion Triumph Heralds were no longer in our future; we rented a SEAT. It was made in Spain and was similar to a Fiat, or so I was told. It was white and I think the interior was blue.

We decided we would head to San Sebastian Spain, which has a border crossing into France where General D, lover of the American Military, was in charge. We figured we could kill two birds with one trip.

The trip started out nicely, the weather was perfect and the roads were nice.... for awhile. Then it started to rain, road construction for kilometers on end; it seemed like it would never end.

We were driving through hilly territory, with switchbacks as the road progressed up and down the hills infested with muddy terrain. This was fun driving, the wipers just smeared the windscreen to the point we had to stick our heads out the side windows to see what was in front.

We finally broke out of the nasty weather; all of a sudden it was bright sunshine and clear blue skies with nary a cloud in sight.

Now we are in the central business district looking for a place to have lunch and a bit of refreshment. As we were putting along through traffic, we came to an intersection where we had to stop for a road cleansing process.

Donkeys were a significant means of propulsion for the many small carts that passed through the town on a daily basis. Unlike gasoline powered vehicles, which emit spent gasses into the atmosphere, Donkey exhaust plopped onto the roadway, which can get a bit messy. To alleviate this pollution there were folks stationed at critical intervals with hoses attached to Fire Hydrants.

You guessed it, they hose the Donkey doo off the street and into the storm sewers. Please don't ask me where that stuff ended up because I wasn't interested then and I'm sure not interested now. As we sat there waiting for the road to be cleansed, I had a revelation of sorts; our car looked like it had just visited a hog farm. It was covered with mud front to back, top to bottom.

As the guy with the high pressure hose was finishing up, I honked the horn and jestured for him to hose off our car. Surprisingly, he obliged and did a right nice job. Now remember, the sun was out, blue sky, no clouds and not hint of rain. When he was done, we thanked him and drove to the next intersection and turned right. About halfway up the street we saw a place to park... right in front of a "Sidewalk Cafe."

The car was dripping wet, the wipers were going full blast and we parked where there were quite a few folks sitting outside enjoying their lunches. A waiter was standing under an awning watching us with a shocked look on his face. He walked out from under the canopy, looked at the car, then looked up into the sky, back at the car and then up in the sky. As we got out of the car we acted as if we hadn't noticed him. We had a good laugh once we got down the street.

Did a little shopping, picked up a few souvenirs, a couple of huge Bull Fight posters, which I still have and a few other trinkets. We did find a place to have lunch and then proceeded on to the next part of our journey; a trip to France. I was excited, I had never been there, and knew this would probably be my last opportunity as we were going to head back to Belfast for our next port call.

Off we went to the border crossing. It was just a few blocks away. We drove in and up to the guard. He wanted Pass ports, I whipped out my Military ID. Ooh, I thought we had entered Russia. Long story short, Gen. Charlie D. was still upset about something, namely America having invaded his country Tuesday 06 June 1944. Well, Our visit lasted about 3 minutes, made a U-turn and headed back to Spain. At least we could say we had been in France.

We made our way back to Santander and headed back to the ship. The next day we drove around town stopping periodically to indulge in the sampling of the local Brandies and wines. Needless to say our judgment was suspect. We managed to find ourselves in a very hilly section of town. Essentially, we kind of got lost.

We did find a few shortcuts that allowed us to get down from the hilly section without having to negotiate the switchbacks. Yes, we drove down the pedestrian walkways including the stairs. I don't know how we managed to not roll the car end over end while going down the steep stairway with the car bouncing all over the place. It was more like hopping down. We managed to survive that escapade, met up with some of the crew and finished the night destroying any semblance of sobriety we may have possessed.

We were docked close to a government facility, forget which one. We parked the car and went back to sleep off the days adventures. The next morning we went to get the car and noticed something was amiss. One of the hubcaps was missing. Since I was the one responsible for the car, I had to figure out how I was going to replace the hub cap before taking it back to Hertz the next morning.

Being an engineer made it quite easy to design a fix for the problem. I reverted back to my teenage years and liberated the hubcap in the picture accompanying this story. Yes, I stole the thing, I went to the parking lot of the government building and looked for a Spanish SEAT; beggars can't be choosers, so I decided on the first SEAT I found. I wanted to get it off ASAP and get the hell out of Dodge.

Liberated SEAT Hubcap, 1966 Santander Spain.

Made it back to the ship in a flash; I was now on sovereign US Territory. Hid my treasure from prying eyes and crashed for the night. The next morning, I took my Booty out to the rental SEAT; to my total dismay, the hubcap didn't match. Oh, it was the right make and model but it had one glaring problem: It was probably five years older and was dull and old looking. I did put it on the car but decided it looked too much like a Stolen hub cap.

So now what do I do; again I reverted to my youthful errant ways. When we went out to steal hubcaps, we never took more than one cap from any car. We would only take the right rear cap as that was the one the driver was least likely to notice missing.

I had to make a small adjustment to this bit of subterfuge; when I was returning the car I would have to pull up in front of the Hertz Agency with the passenger side of the car facing the large glass windows of their office, So I took the left rear hubcap and put it on the right rear.

So far, it has worked, until today, my secret has been safe for 54 years. Now you know "I Led Three Lies" (has a familiar ring to it; TV?). What a relief it is to "Come Out" now; Gee, that was easy, why do we have so much trouble coming out as Trans?

The net net of this hubcap caper is that two cars lost their hubcaps and I only have one. I will assume that neither of those two cars still exist and the owner probably didn't realize the hubcap was missing for several days, so they wouldn't remember where the car was when its hubcap departed for the USA.

I wish I could give it back, but, that's impossible, I'm attached to that thing. It's an important part of my lifelong passion for misadventure and the Rush of Adrenalin, which accompanied all the "Borrowing."

One last little item: The hubcap in the photo is the stolen one. I did polish it up so it would look nice when I took a picture of it for my ship's Web Site. It hangs on a wall to remind me of a time in my life that made a great difference in how I would eventually turn out, as opposed to what might have happened had I not joined the US NAVY. I am very thankful for having been in it. It did more for me than I did for it; just the way it should work. I gave them 8 years of my life, they gave me a lifetime.

That was a long time ago; I don't do things like that these days... I now do worser things. I've only been in jail once and have put a lot of folks in one. Child abusers and Drunk Drivers were my specialties; I enjoyed arresting them and hauling them to jail.

Best Always, Love

Christine

PS:
Don't tell Dena about this post; I think she still thinks I'm a decent woman who tells tall tales.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:49:46 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline MaryT

« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2020, 10:28:23 PM »
You've certainly had an interesting life.  I think that most of us have done things that we are not proud of, to help life run more smoothly than it otherwise might.  I tell myself that if I inconvenienced someone else just a little, but the alternative would have caused me a great deal of trouble, St Peter will let me in with no more than a disappointed wag of his finger and a "tut tut".  If I'm wrong, at least I'll see a lot of familiar faces down below.

... Long story short, Gen. Charlie D. was still upset about something, namely America having invaded his country Tuesday 06 June 1944. ...

I've never really understood his problem with the British and Americans.  Yes, the allies did blast the heck out of the French coast, and I suppose that he had to be unhappy about it, but he was one of the leaders of the invasion.  I gather that he also blamed his English speaking allies for almost dancing with joy when the French fleet was scuttled instead of being sent to a Free French port, as he regarded it as Vichy treachery.  As though the Nazis would have let it get that far.  Some people never forgive you for helping them when they are in need.

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2020, 12:51:15 PM »
Hi MaryT,               06 March 2020

You don't have to worry Mary, Saint Peter will welcome you with open arms, a great big smile and a welcoming HUG. One thing I am quite sure of, when we get to the Pearly Gates, there will be more animals there than humans. Animals have never started a WAR; only humans have a penchant for doing so.

Yes, there are many thing I have done along the road of life; some I regret and others I am proud of. The regrets I have to live with, I don't dwell on them but they do resurface periodically; I hope they make me a better person.

One thing I wish is that we could go back and undo those regrettable incidents. Since we can't, we need to be very careful of what we do, especially when it might negatively impact someone other than ourselves.

Sometimes I am torn knowing something is terribly wrong and my only recourse is to report or turn a blind eye. That in itself is part of the living hell I have to dwell in. Ultimately I do what I believe to be best for the innocent and or those least able to defend themselves.

Having been a Cop allowed me to see the real world; a world where there is violence, hatred, bigotry, intolerance, ignorance and stupidity (the latter two are not the same; the former is fixable, the latter of the two is not). It also allowed me to see the good side, where folks care for others, are not judgmental, are generous and just down right kind. So I have seen both sides and the middle, where most of us reside.

It has taken a long time, mucho potholes, a few cliffs and a disaster or two, to get to this point in life. I have been fortunate to have some special people be a part of my life and to have helped me along the way. Two very special people who have had a very positive impact on my life are: Mr. Howard D. Saurer, my High School Counselor and Dean of Boys and my Guardian Angel, Dena, the Love of My Life. I think most of you know Dena from Susan's Place, She's not only my Guardian Angel, she is also yours as well... and always has been.

Enough of my stuff, have a few things to get done if I'm ever going to get Home to Phoenix.

Thanks MaryT for your post and comments, we always enjoy hearing from you. Hope all is well with you and your family.

May God Bless You and Yours Every Day.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:13:57 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2020, 05:37:50 PM »
Hi Monica,             06 March 2020

Thank you dear; I like your philosophy. If you follow what you believe, in your heart, to be the correct path, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I know we don't have to worry about you, you're just too nice to be a threat to anyone.

I'm a believer in Live and let Live. I don't want to mess with anyone, and I don't want anyone messing with someone I Love.... or me.

Wishing you a very happy and fulfilling life Ms. Monica.

By the way, Saint Peter will welcome you with open arms. I can't say the same for many of the Bible Thumpers and TV evangelists that exist in our society; they're all about the MONEY.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:14:26 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2020, 12:38:05 PM »
Thank you Christine, I was just looking for a loophole to stay here a little longer. Life as a girl is funner! I wish you great happiness as well, yup, yup yup! :)
Did I mention you are awesome?

Hola Monica,              10 March 2020

"Did I mention you are awesome?"

Yes, you just did. Thank You.

How can you say such a nice thing about me? You need to run flattering comments about me by Jessica, the head mod over there before posting them. Honest, I don't deserve them. Just ask her, she can tell you, she's a bigot, just ask Katie.

I'm the leper there.

Thanks again Monica.

Best Always, Love

Christine of Leper Colony Tango Romeo
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:15:02 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2020, 04:02:19 AM »
Hi Folks,               11 March 2020

Medical Update:

Monday 09 March 2020, Dr. McHenry said my left eye is doing fine as long as I keep my grubby paws from rubbing my eyes. I now use a clean screwdriver.

Tuesday 10 March 2020, Went to my Urologist for my annual prostate checkup, which was a year late. I went there dressed in my normal bright pink, long hair tinted pink and my favorite hat, my pink Navy ball cap.

When they came for me in the waiting room, I got up and walked back with the male nurse. He used the pronoun sir and I quietly said "It's Ma am." He apologized; I told him it was OK. He checked my bladder for residual urine after I had emptied it getting them a Pee sample. I had about 5 qts remaining; just joking, can't handle that much. Did have some but not enough to be of concern.

I told him I was Transgender and asked him to not say anything to my doctor. He said he wouldn't. I sat down and waited for the doc to come in. Soon he arrived and we greeted each other. He said it had been two years since I had been there, which was correct.

We plopped into the chairs and commenced with our usual catching up. He asked me what is with all the pink and pink hair. I looked at him as deadpan as I could and told him: "I'm extremely bashful and wear hearing aids. I grew my hair long and had it tinted pink so folks would key on my hair and the pink and wouldn't notice my hearing aids."

He looked at me then got a big smile and said: "What's going on?" I then told him my story of how I came about transitioning. He congratulated me and then we sat and talked about prostate problems, especially Prostate Cancer. He agreed with my findings that Testosterone is the main culprit, and without it, your chances of contracting it are next to nil. He said my PSA was zero and then proceeded to do the DRE (Digital Rectal Exam). When he was done with that, he said my prostate is now the size of a 13 year olds and my chances of Prostate Caner are next to zero. Good news for sure.

One other item I discovered during my research is that having an Orchie increases our life expectancy anywhere from 3 to 13 years. If it's only one day, I'll take it.

Time to crash; don't know why I spent so much time writing stuff for that TransRefuge site just to have it deleted, especially when there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.

The TR Moderators only allow what Jessica wants to allow; they follow Jessica who only knows one side of any conversation and won't allow anything that deviates from her beliefs. Rules don't matter, her ideology and opinions are all that count. I feel sorry for her; she is unenlightened about the diversity of and in the world. Just tell her what she wants to hear, don't bother her with differing opinions, or heaven forbid, facts and you'll get along fine with her.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 12:18:21 AM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
Re: Christine's Transition Adventures - Do the Little Things Really Matter?
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2020, 11:33:05 PM »
Hi Folks,                  02 April 2020

Do the Little Things Really Matter? Over the years, I have pondered that question. Originally, I thought only big things mattered until one day several years ago I was talking with my friend Chuck who had been a Navy Fighter Pilot, Top Gun test pilot, Aggressor Squadron pilot, F14 Squadron CO, Navy Captain and Air Line Captain.

He told me of an incident that happened to him while in Naval Flight training. The Navy requires prospective pilots to have 20/20 vision without corrective lenses the day they earn their Wings and graduate.

About a month prior to graduation, he was ordered to have his graduation eye exam. Off he went to the Navy ophthalmologist. When the doctor finished the exam he told Chuck: "You need to find something else to do in the Navy; you failed your eye exam."

My friend was devastated, all he had ever wanted to do was be a Navy Fighter Pilot. The doc said it was out of his hands. Chuck asked him if there was anyone else he could see. The doc said you can go to DC and see the Head of the Navy's ophthalmology department. Chuck asked him to make an appointment for him, which he did.

Chuck made it to DC, had his eyes examined by the head of the Navy's Eyeball department. Results - Failure, you need to find something else to do. Chuck laid the same story on the Doctor, a Navy Captain. Chuck said the doc looked down at the exam report, stared at it for a long while, then said: "OK, You can have your wings." He signed it off, and chuck flew back to Texas, finished the remainder of his last month of training, graduated, had his wings pinned on and went into town and had himself fitted for Glasses, which he wore for the rest of his career.

Once you have your wings, the 20/20 requirement goes away. Chuck flew F4 Phantoms, Migs (yes, Migs while in the aggressor squadron), and F14's, He retired as a full Captain, flew the Airline Circuit, and contract flying executive aircraft for the well connected ($$).

The day we were talking about the "Little Things" he acknowledged that had it not been for the Navy Doctor in Washington DC signing off his eye exam, he and I would never have met, he would never have flown all the aircraft he flew and most likely would never have flown for the Navy or Airlines.

The small things we brush aside as insignificant can have a major impact on our lives, at times more so than the more glamorous events.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:16:00 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2020, 02:17:54 PM »

Hello Snow Lady,               11 April 2020

For washing hair, FELS-NAPTHA Soap comes to mind. It's also good for skin care and washing kids mouths out when they talk like a sailor. I hope you realize I AM JOKING!! The reason I mentioned it, I was raised on it. Had a bar of it shoved down my throat a few times, OK many times for spouting Nautical Terms prior to being of age to join. Eventually, I ran away from home, spent a few years in prison and then went into the Navy.

I know one thing, don't rely on me for hair care; I have nappy hair that looks like it came from Brillo. The last time I went to the hair "saloon" ( I do know how to "spelt"), it looked it's best in 50 years; I don't know what they used but my hair looked and felt great. I also had it tinted pink. Next time it'll be Fuchsia, the same color as the text in this post.

They gave me a handful of samples for various Kerastase products they sell. I haven't tried them yet. The sample packs are so pretty I hate to ruin them by tearing them open. One of these days I'll get "rountoit."

Getting back to FELS-NAPTHA, it's great for stain removal. Do Not Use it to wash your kids mouth out when they talk like a Sailor, else they'll turn out like me. You mentioned the word "Reputable" in your post. I am not reputable in the least, just in the most.

Last but not least is everyday hand soap; Dial Gold is a great anti-bacterial soap. Been using it close to 100 years. I'll bet I'm closer to 100 than anyone else on this forum so take my word for it. Dial makes a lot of different flavors of bar soap; not all have anti-bacterial ingredients. Gold is the only one I am sure of. The reason I mentioned "Flavors" is I think I had my mouth washed out with every brand that existed during the civil war, including "Lifebuoy" that was used on Ralphie in "Christmas Story." Yes, I'm from that part of the world. It's a good place to be from; Far away from, and the further, the better.

Take care young lady, you'll enjoy your stay here as long as I don't reply to many of your posts. I Won't, so you needn't worry.

Please stay safe, wash your hands and keep them away from your face until you have washed them with Dial Gold. How's that for a sneaky commercial?

Before you read this, be sure you are wearing your face mask.

This concludes my post for the day. Hope I didn't bore you with my mundane babble. I can assure you I do not do "Cut & Paste." This is hand typed by one of my pups, namely "Friday" the Genius Dog. It's a good thing there's a "spelt" checker built in; his fingers are so short he has a bit of trouble with the keyboard. He is getting better.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 10:13:49 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2020, 07:32:26 PM »
Hi Folks,                11 April 2020

I think I'm correct in this; Linde invited Christina to TransRefuge. Linde's English is difficult to understand and so is Christina's. It's like the blind leading the blind through no fault of Christina.

You may not like what I'm going to suggest; if you are interested in helping Christina, you will ask Susan who she has that speaks Mesopotamian Arabic and or Kurdish Arabic. There were a couple folks there that did speak some dialect of Arabic.

Jessica, since you are still a member of Susan's and you communicate with Devlyn, why don't you ask her for help. This Refuge site owes it to Christina. The staff here on Refuge is responsible for inviting her here and has a responsibility to help her.

@Christina
Christina, You have done nothing wrong. You need someone that can help you. That someone is not here. Do not Worry about your name. The name is fine. There's much you do not understand. It would not help you if you did. You need someone that speaks your language. That will help you communicate. Now it is Confusion.

Which Arabic Dialect do you speak? I speak some Spanish. Not much help. I do know a few Arabic speakers.

I'm not a moderator here on Refuge. Jessica, you're the senior mod, the ball is in your court. After this post I'll probably be banned.

NOTE: I Was Banned by Jessica for stating the obvious!

Katie, You and your staff owe it to Christina to see to it she gets the help she needs.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 07:23:35 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2020, 01:49:17 AM »
Hello Lady Sarah,                       04 May 2020

I read your post on the Refuge site where you called Dena and me "Spoiled Brats." I could care less what anyone calls me, but you demeaned Dena, who is 16 years senior to you and has an IQ that would make Einstein envious, were he still alive. Dena is the Love of my Life, the Lady that has saved my life three times.

It seems you have only read what Katie posts on her site. There are two sides to every story and apparently, you have only seen one of them. You may want to ask Katie to show you the proof of what she has said we have done; she won't and can't because she doesn't have any, well, nothing but her BS Rhetoric. Where's the proof Katie?

I hope you enjoy your time over there. When you get tired of being used and lied to, you are welcome to join here.

Often have wondered about Katie's professed Christianity. In my book, it's a smoke screen. Believe what you want. The good thing is she cannot delete this post, which wouldn't survive 5 minutes over there. 

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:24:15 AM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2020, 07:34:41 PM »
Hi Folks,                    26 March 2020

I wonder if this has anything to do with the submarines we used to meet up with while at sea. We had a large hatch in the bottom of the ship; our ship would stop and a special crew would run "scientific experiments" while a sub would approach under the ship and would lock itself in place. Guards would exit the sub and go to a highly restricted area; Soon they would return with prisoners that had been on the ship; they would forcibly escort them to the docked sub and take them aboard. About an hour later the "experiments" would end and the sub would depart. Anyone observing us would not have had a clue as to what was really taking place.

I heard the program ended about 28 years ago. Difficult to know everything that goes on in black Government operations. They come and they go; few really know. One of the rumors was that the people transferred to the sub were being taken to sea to be disposed of without any trace. Nothing would surprise me.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE

The above story is pure BS. I wrote it and posted on a thread started by Katie wanting to see what she would do. She sucked it up hook line and sinker. As I have stated numerous times, the ships I was on were Oceanographic Research. Yes, we were clandestine but that was because we were a part of the FBM Submarine Program, Polaris Missile boats (subs) at that time.

Take Care.

Best Always, Love

Christine

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:43:34 AM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2020, 04:24:20 PM »
Hi Folks,                     08 May 2020

The above is a story I wrote and posted on a thread started by Katie while I was a member of her site. Recently, I asked her to remove all my posts as she no longer has the right to post anything authored by me; I own the Copyright to everything I write/author and have rescinded her right to use it/them. She has so far refused my request. We have removed all her posts and account here as we have for all of her staff and members that have requested their removal.

Either she does not know how to remove them, is being arrogant, or whatever one wants to call it; I call it Unmitigated Theft.

Take care.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 07:35:13 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2020, 12:09:39 AM »
Hi Folks,                            14 May 2020

As I was editing a post, # 123,  on this thread Wednesday 13 May 2020, I thought of some of our crazy exploits at sea. Think this is the subject of a new post here on this thread. It is amazing none of us were lost overboard or just plain killed. I'll write about some of those adventures.

I really do thank the Good Lord for watching over all of us. There were too many close calls for their not to have been Divine Intervention; I've been saved too many times for it not to be true.

The most recent one was my auto accident 17 January 2019 when I fell asleep at the wheel and hit a tree that jumped in front of me; Totaled the car, slightly bruised the tree and did a number on my ego, which was the only injury associated with that accident. Yes, the Boss up stairs was watching over me and sending me a MESSAGE. What was the message? Listen to Dena!!!

In the past I have had a tendency to be a bit impulsive, Ok, quite impulsive. The night of the accident I was Skyping with Dena. All of a sudden I decided to go to the dairy store, Braum's to be exact (great company) around 10:00 PM. I tell Dena I'm going to Braum's to get a gallon of milk. Remember, we are Skyping and she had been observing me, which she had been doing since we started Skyping. A little background is due here.

I have had a problem with falling asleep at inappropriate times, especially while driving. This had been going on for 50+ years. Dena had noticed my tendency to drop off (asleep) while we were videoing. Early on in our relationship, she had recommended that I have a "Sleep Study" to try to get an answer as to why this is happening.

Long story short, quite a bit of time had elapsed since She recommended that I have one and the accident. I had asked my primary doctor to refer me to sleep specialist, which he did. Unfortunately I didn't hear from anyone and didn't press the issue, and let things slide.

When I announced I was going to Braum's Dena said: "Don't go, you can't drive." My answer was: "I'm OK, it's only 15 minutes away." She repeatedly pleaded with me to not go and I kept telling her "I'm OK."

Off I went. About a block down the road I was having trouble staying awake; a little voice kept saying: "Dena's right, you can't drive." I kept saying; "I'm OK, I'll be alright." Yeah, about 3 minutes down the road I fell asleep, ran off the road, awoke staring at a large tree, swerved left and clipped the next tree. When the car hit that tree, it sounded like an explosion with debris flying all over the inside of the car.

At that instant, I was so awake I couldn't have fallen asleep had I tried. It was obvious the car was a mess, the windshield was smashed on the passenger side, the window in the front passenger door was obliterated, the door was a wreck and who knew what else was damaged.

Made it to Braum's, got out of the car and glass and parts of the dashboard fell off my clothing. I did make a mess when I got out. Looked the car over;  it was obvious it was totaled; not worth repairing, still drivable in good weather.

Went in and bought the milk, then headed home, though it was a bit drafty. When I got home I sat down and told Dena what happened and told her she was now in charge of all my decision making; it is and has been working very well.

I did have the sleep study; they found I have Severe Sleep Apnea so I sleep with a CPAP machine, which helps a lot; also need to get at least 7 hours of sleep every day.

No longer drive at night unless it is an emergency. Try not to drive anytime where I might not be able to head for home before sunset. So far it's working well.

Had it not been for Dena's insistence on the sleep study, I may have continued driving when I was in no condition to do so. I could have injured or killed an innocent person and/or myself.

When I had the sleep study, the lady running it told me at the conclusion of the test, that "Dena Saved Your Life Again." I was very thankful she told me that and I am Very Thankful and Grateful for Dena.

Thank You Dena, I Love You.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 12:04:09 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Maddie

« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2020, 08:17:31 AM »
Hi Christine.  I'll tune in for the MESSAGE.

I'm still trying to talk with Christina at refuge.  Trying to get around when the computer translator jumbles things up.  Sometimes it comes through clear. I'm trying to isolate short unintelligible phrases in her posts to see if she will rephrase them and maybe jumpstart the translator.
As you probably know, she is isolated in a dangerous place where she can't even shave her beard off.  For whatever reason she keeps reaching out to the refuge site.
I wasn't over there in Iraq, and I really don't know any other way to feel about it
For a couple of days there was an arabic speaker on the site who is active US military. Alexandria I think.   She went away around the same time you did.  Afterwards Christina was asking about her
I bring it up in case you know Alexandria.

Have a good day.

Head up moving forward