Author Topic: Christine's Transition Adventures  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
  • I'm "Friday" Mom's Bed Bud
Re: Christine's Transition Adventures
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2020, 10:25:29 PM »
"Different strokes for different folks"
Works for me. :)

Hi @Complete,                      29 July 2020

Thank you young lady, I appreciate your comments Dear.

The two A/C's are done and functioning well. They keep the pup's rooms nice and cool and to top things off, they actually allow me to sleep in my choice of their rooms. The truth be known, their two rooms are the only A/C rooms in this building.

I'm wondering if their allowing me my choice of room has anything to do with being in control of their chow. The way to a Dog's heart is through its stomach.

Had an apt with my Endo today. They ran a Blood test, urine test, hemorrhoid check, yeah, still have  few left. Should know the results of the Blood and Urine tests tomorrow.

That's it for tonight's episode of Doggie Doo's and Doggie Doon'ts.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Worrying Never Makes It Better.
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2020, 07:04:59 PM »
Hi Folks,                    30 July 2020

I'm going to explain my transition in as few words as possible:

At 5 I wanted to be a girl/woman; remained wanting to be that way.

Occasionally wore some of my mom's clothes in private.

Married wife 1 at 30. Wore her clothes with her blessing.
Separated at 33.
Divorced at 35.

Married wife 2 at 39. Wore her clothes with her blessing.
Separated at 43.
Divorced at 45.

Poor track record.

After last separation, decided to avoid emotional relationships; worked for 35 years. Wore women's clothes to some degree. At 72 I was dressing and living as a female 99.9%. Made no issue of it and no one seemed to notice, or if they did, they didn't say anything.

At 76 started doing research on prostate cancer. It's in my family and I had BPH big time. Research led me to transgender information. Ignored at first then started reading, .....and reading. Finally realized I was reading about me. 

At 77.5 decided to see a counselor 08 March 2018. Long story short, woman trapped in a man's body. Took the first medical steps, 24 March 18 made an apt with an Endo for 27 Mar 18. Monday 27 Mar 18 was prescribed estradiol patch, which I started that day. Made an apt for 09 April 2018 with surgeon for prelim consult for Orchie; 11 April 2018 had pre-op physical, Friday 13 April 2018 had surgery.

Was on Susan's site, posting asinine comments. Intervention came in the form of PM's, then emails. then Skype, then a personal invite to visit. Wow, how my life changed, the long 35 year hiatus was at its end; I now have the Love of My Life, Dena, Who is my Guardian Angel. She has saved my life three times, maybe even more.

My goal now is to be with Dena, Who I Love with all my Heart and Soul. Everything else in my life is secondary. How far will I go transition wise? Don't know. I'll let Dena help me make those decisions; I surely won't make them on my own.

Have I done the right things? Yes and no. Could I have done them better? Doubt it. Could I have done them differently? Yes but glad I didn't.  Why? Had I done anything differently, most likely I never would have met Dena and She wouldn't be in my life today. I Cherish Her and our relationship; Dena is Paramount in my life. Since Dena entered my life, I have been Happier than I have / had ever been.

What do I think the moral to this story is? I believe it is two-fold, both important:

First, the little things in life may not seem important at the time, but may have a dramatic impact later in our lives. I have written & posted about this subject elsewhere on this site. Here's the link

Second, we all deserve to be Happy; all I can do is tell my transition story and not second guess anyone else's. We are all different and go about our lives marching to our own tune(s). As we travel life's paths achieving happiness, we should always continue reaching for more of it.

Here's a thought/saying I received from Dena: "It's Not The Destination, It's The Journey." I believe that sums it up Very Well!!!

Never give up; keep on Truckin Folks.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2020, 07:58:49 PM »
Hi Folks,                     30 July 2020

Received the results of the tests my Endo had run; almost all is well, my Estradiol was a bit on the low side. Maybe if I remembered to change my patches every 84 hours it would be in the normal range. Guess I'll make a concerted effort to do it the way it's supposed to be done and not in my convoluted style.

As most here know I have severe Sleep Apnea, which is dangerous and can cause other health issues. I have noticed when I don't routinely get 7 - 8 hours of sleep using the CPAP machine, I develop a crummy feeling all day. I feel like I'm in a mental fog bank which is a downright shitty feeling. I am going to make a concerted effort to get to bed on time and sleep at least 7 hours every night. Hopefully I can live up to this goal.

Another issue is my weight; I need to shed about 20 pounds, which is mostly FAT and looks like hell. I don't like having lumps of bouncy tissue moving around or just protruding out from my clothing. Going to get my diet under control and start exercising on a regular basis. Junk food doesn't a healthy diet make.

Will let you-all know how it all works out.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Maddie

« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2020, 09:02:42 AM »
I might need an electric shock collar with an alarm to keep my sleep, diet, and meds under control.
Head up moving forward

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2020, 12:20:25 PM »
Hi Folks,                01 August 2020

In my brief Transition Bio, I forgot one important item; 23 November 2018 was a date that I will NOT forget any time soon.

It was the day after Thanksgiving that year, Dena and I were Skyping. During our conversation I reached down to scratch my left leg. When I touched my leg it was Hot; looked at it and noticed it was red and swollen. I mentioned it to Dena, she asked me to put it up to the camera so she could see it.

As soon as She saw it, She told me to go to the Hospital Emergency Dept and not to a "Doc-In-a-Box," a real Hospital and a Good One. Fortunately, we have a couple great ones here.

Did what She said to do; they found two blood clots in my left leg just below the knee. They prescribed Xarelto, an anti-coagulant. Went to my Drug Dealer (Pharmacy) got my prescribed med, which to my surprise was free (first 30 days).

Got home, Dena was waiting for me. Took the first dose and within 4 hours, the redness was fading, the swelling was diminishing and the leg was returning to normal.

Spent about 14 months w/o her-mones; guess you could call that my "Eunuch Period." After numerous medical consultations, tests and whatever, the conclusion is that the DVT was caused by an inherited gene. My father developed them at 54; at least mine waited 24 years longer.

I will be on Xarelto for the remainder of my time above ground, which hopefully, will be a long time.

The reason I mentioned this is because "E" does make our blood a bit stickier than it would be if we only have "T." So, for those of us MTF, we trade in sticky "T" for stickier "E." Not trying to scare anyone, just giving you information. Blood clots (DVT) are more common in folks that are, shall we say, "more seasoned," which I am.

We need to keep an eye on ourselves; if we notice unusual warmth, swelling, and/or redness, go to the best hospital Emergency Dept available, it could save your life, it did mine and Dena was the one that saved it. 

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Maddie

« Reply #185 on: Yesterday at 06:56:12 AM »
Thank you for sharing this info Christine.
Fortunate you were in communication with someone in your life (and that someone is who they are).

Hope you are  stuck on those meds for a long time.

Head up moving forward