Author Topic: Christine's Transition Adventures  (Read 3813 times)

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
  • I'm "Friday" Mom's Bed Bud
Re: Christine's Transition Adventures
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2020, 10:25:29 PM »
"Different strokes for different folks"
Works for me. :)

Hi @Complete,                      29 July 2020

Thank you young lady, I appreciate your comments Dear.

The two A/C's are done and functioning well. They keep the pup's rooms nice and cool and to top things off, they actually allow me to sleep in my choice of their rooms. The truth be known, their two rooms are the only A/C rooms in this building.

I'm wondering if their allowing me my choice of room has anything to do with being in control of their chow. The way to a Dog's heart is through its stomach.

Had an apt with my Endo today. They ran a Blood test, urine test, hemorrhoid check, yeah, still have  few left. Should know the results of the Blood and Urine tests tomorrow.

That's it for tonight's episode of Doggie Doo's and Doggie Doon'ts.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Worrying Never Makes It Better.
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2020, 07:04:59 PM »
Hi Folks,                    30 July 2020

I'm going to explain my transition in as few words as possible:

At 5 I wanted to be a girl/woman; remained wanting to be that way.

Occasionally wore some of my mom's clothes in private.

Married wife 1 at 30. Wore her clothes with her blessing.
Separated at 33.
Divorced at 35.

Married wife 2 at 39. Wore her clothes with her blessing.
Separated at 43.
Divorced at 45.

Poor track record.

After last separation, decided to avoid emotional relationships; worked for 35 years. Wore women's clothes to some degree. At 72 I was dressing and living as a female 99.9%. Made no issue of it and no one seemed to notice, or if they did, they didn't say anything.

At 76 started doing research on prostate cancer. It's in my family and I had BPH big time. Research led me to transgender information. Ignored at first then started reading, .....and reading. Finally realized I was reading about me. 

At 77.5 decided to see a counselor 08 March 2018. Long story short, woman trapped in a man's body. Took the first medical steps, 24 March 18 made an apt with an Endo for 27 Mar 18. Monday 27 Mar 18 was prescribed estradiol patch, which I started that day. Made an apt for 09 April 2018 with surgeon for prelim consult for Orchie; 11 April 2018 had pre-op physical, Friday 13 April 2018 had surgery.

Was on Susan's site, posting asinine comments. Intervention came in the form of PM's, then emails. then Skype, then a personal invite to visit. Wow, how my life changed, the long 35 year hiatus was at its end; I now have the Love of My Life, Dena, Who is my Guardian Angel. She has saved my life three times, maybe even more.

My goal now is to be with Dena, Who I Love with all my Heart and Soul. Everything else in my life is secondary. How far will I go transition wise? Don't know. I'll let Dena help me make those decisions; I surely won't make them on my own.

Have I done the right things? Yes and no. Could I have done them better? Doubt it. Could I have done them differently? Yes but glad I didn't.  Why? Had I done anything differently, most likely I never would have met Dena and She wouldn't be in my life today. I Cherish Her and our relationship; Dena is Paramount in my life. Since Dena entered my life, I have been Happier than I have / had ever been.

What do I think the moral to this story is? I believe it is two-fold, both important:

First, the little things in life may not seem important at the time, but may have a dramatic impact later in our lives. I have written & posted about this subject elsewhere on this site. Here's the link

Second, we all deserve to be Happy; all I can do is tell my transition story and not second guess anyone else's. We are all different and go about our lives marching to our own tune(s). As we travel life's paths achieving happiness, we should always continue reaching for more of it.

Here's a thought/saying I received from Dena: "It's Not The Destination, It's The Journey." I believe that sums it up Very Well!!!

Never give up; keep on Truckin Folks.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2020, 07:58:49 PM »
Hi Folks,                     30 July 2020

Received the results of the tests my Endo had run; almost all is well, my Estradiol was a bit on the low side. Maybe if I remembered to change my patches every 84 hours it would be in the normal range. Guess I'll make a concerted effort to do it the way it's supposed to be done and not in my convoluted style.

As most here know I have severe Sleep Apnea, which is dangerous and can cause other health issues. I have noticed when I don't routinely get 7 - 8 hours of sleep using the CPAP machine, I develop a crummy feeling all day. I feel like I'm in a mental fog bank which is a downright shitty feeling. I am going to make a concerted effort to get to bed on time and sleep at least 7 hours every night. Hopefully I can live up to this goal.

Another issue is my weight; I need to shed about 20 pounds, which is mostly FAT and looks like hell. I don't like having lumps of bouncy tissue moving around or just protruding out from my clothing. Going to get my diet under control and start exercising on a regular basis. Junk food doesn't a healthy diet make.

Will let you-all know how it all works out.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Maddie

« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2020, 09:02:42 AM »
I might need an electric shock collar with an alarm to keep my sleep, diet, and meds under control.
Head up moving forward

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2020, 12:20:25 PM »
Hi Folks,                01 August 2020

In my brief Transition Bio, I forgot one important item; 23 November 2018 was a date that I will NOT forget any time soon.

It was the day after Thanksgiving that year, Dena and I were Skyping. During our conversation I reached down to scratch my left leg. When I touched my leg it was Hot; looked at it and noticed it was red and swollen. I mentioned it to Dena, she asked me to put it up to the camera so she could see it.

As soon as She saw it, She told me to go to the Hospital Emergency Dept and not to a "Doc-In-a-Box," a real Hospital and a Good One. Fortunately, we have a couple great ones here.

Did what She said to do; they found two blood clots in my left leg just below the knee. They prescribed Xarelto, an anti-coagulant. Went to my Drug Dealer (Pharmacy) got my prescribed med, which to my surprise was free (first 30 days).

Got home, Dena was waiting for me. Took the first dose and within 4 hours, the redness was fading, the swelling was diminishing and the leg was returning to normal.

Spent about 14 months w/o her-mones; guess you could call that my "Eunuch Period." After numerous medical consultations, tests and whatever, the conclusion is that the DVT was caused by an inherited gene. My father developed them at 54; at least mine waited 24 years longer.

I will be on Xarelto for the remainder of my time above ground, which hopefully, will be a long time.

The reason I mentioned this is because "E" does make our blood a bit stickier than it would be if we only have "T." So, for those of us MTF, we trade in sticky "T" for stickier "E." Not trying to scare anyone, just giving you information. Blood clots (DVT) are more common in folks that are, shall we say, "more seasoned," which I am.

We need to keep an eye on ourselves; if we notice unusual warmth, swelling, and/or redness, go to the best hospital Emergency Dept available, it could save your life, it did mine and Dena was the one that saved it. 

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Maddie

« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2020, 06:56:12 AM »
Thank you for sharing this info Christine.
Fortunate you were in communication with someone in your life (and that someone is who they are).

Hope you are  stuck on those meds for a long time.

Head up moving forward

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2020, 11:03:13 PM »
Hi Folks,                  04 August 2020

Had my annual VA medical checkup today via phone. What a joy that was. We discussed my recent checkup with my Endo. I mentioned my new script for Estradiol patches. Long story short, the VA will no longer supply me female hormones because I had a DVT even though the Hematologist at Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, my Hematologist here where I live and my Endo all agree it is safe for me to be on Estradiol as long as I remain on Xarelto, the anticoagulant.

My insurance covers it so $27.00 $47.00 per month is something I can handle; I'll just cut down on the junk food. I currently spend more than that each month on cookies, desserts, soda and other junk food. I need to lose 20 pounds so this could be a good thing.

That's where things are at the moment. I know one thing, I am sick of the rioting and bull shit demonstrating and the damn China Virus, which is aptly named as that's where that shit was turned loose on the world.

Think of it this way, China is approximately the same physical size as the USA, We have about 350 million people, China has over 1 Billion. They could lose 300 million and it would hardly make a dent and they could care less, as long as they destroy most of the populations of the western world. Think about it; if you believe they are our friends, you are living in La-La land.

Best Always, Love

Christine

EDIT - Correction of prescription copay Christine 06 Aug 2020
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 10:08:28 AM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2020, 11:25:49 PM »
Hi Folks,                   05 August 2020

Completed orbit of el Sol hoy.

Getting late, lots to do tomorrow.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2020, 11:19:23 PM »
Hi Folks,                17 August 2020

Been busy and away from the site. Had an event Saturday morning 15 Aug 20, woke up, left arm and left leg were numb. First thought was a possible stroke. Symptoms subsided quickly with the exception of a bit of tingling in the fingertips of my left hand.

Got with Dene to discuss the situation. We decided I should go to a good hospital emergency department. I was going to drive, but when I asked my neighbor friend to look after the Pups, she said she would drive me there and take care of the pups. She dropped me off at the Emergency Dept. entrance. She had to leave as no one other than a patient and staff are allowed in.

They took me right in and gave me a room with a TV, bed and sink. They checked me over, sent me to have a CTA scan and a MRI. Both were of my head, neck and brain arteries. The good news is there were no signs of stroke. Have a referral to a Neurologist and a Hematologist. Need to get a couple appointments scheduled.

So far I feel fine. I think I may have pinched a couple nerves while sleeping Saturday night. Since I try not to take chances with my health, I went to the Hospital; I have One Very Good Reason to stay on the green side: Dena!!!

One of the things I should mention is that I first went to the newest hospital in this area, about 5 or 6 years old. When we got there it looked deserted, parking lot was empty and little sign of any activity. Went inside and found two attendants. Asked if they were taking patients. They said yes. Asked if my Primary Doctor was there, They couldn't find his name so I said I had better go elsewhere. My guess is they are still looking for him.

Went to BaylorScott&White in Grapevine. Great Hospital, best in the area. Now, my point here is, we are on Lockdown due to the China Virus, Right?. Both hospitals had very few patients. If there really is a pandemic why are these two hospitals not being overrun with sick folks?

I did mow the front and back yards yesterday without any problems. Hopefully my medical issue wasn't anything serious. Tomorrow it's back to cutting trees; still have about 7 more to remove.

Take Care Folks.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Maddie

« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2020, 02:12:10 PM »
Christine,
Glad to have you on the green side.   
No signs of stroke is a relief...but it was something.  Please stay cautious.

Weird that hospitals were nearly empty. 

It's bad what people are going through right now, being split up from loved ones at critical times in hospitals.  Due to policy enforced.    If these hospitals aren't treating actual covid patients, this is a terrible thing to deny treatments and visitation that isn't deemed necessary by some bureaucrat.
Hope the truth gets out more about what's going on.

Happy timberlogging.
Head up moving forward

Offline MaryT

« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2020, 11:01:25 AM »
I hope that it's nothing serious.  I sometimes lose the use of my left hand.  I think that it is because I spend a lot of time leaning on my left elbow, which may pinch a nerve or interfere with the blood circulation to my hand.  However, the numbness and inability to move my fingers can occur even when I am not leaning on my elbow.  So far, moving my arm around and massaging my hand has eventually brought back the feeling.

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2020, 11:27:54 AM »
I hope that it's nothing serious.  I sometimes lose the use of my left hand.  I think that it is because I spend a lot of time leaning on my left elbow, which may pinch a nerve or interfere with the blood circulation to my hand.  However, the numbness and inability to move my fingers can occur even when I am not leaning on my elbow.  So far, moving my arm around and massaging my hand has eventually brought back the feeling.

Hi @MaryT,                    28 August 2020

Thank You for your concern. I know I have circulation problems in my legs, especially the left; at the moment more annoying than anything else. As long as I remain on Xarelto I should be fine.

I'm a firm believer in catching things early rather than waiting until they become acute. I don't like hospitals, especially being a patient in one.

I have an appointment with my Hematologist next Wednesday 02 Sep 20 and a referral to a neurologist though I don't yet have an appointment; should get a call sometime next week.

Hope all is well with you and your family. God Bless you all; take care my friend.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2020, 12:00:38 PM »
Hi Folks,                01 September 2020

Working on a new story for this thread. It's about a rescue tree. I should be ready to post it in a few days. Why a few days? Because I'm also working on the tree and writing when I have the time. The story  is just below this post, along with photos, when all is "done did."

Take care.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 10:28:00 AM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2020, 01:26:38 AM »
Hi Folks,                     03 September 2020

Here's Ella's small post about her rescue and life:

A Tree Named Ella

Hi, I'm Ella, the Post Oak Sapling you see here. My name came from my Rescue-Mom's Australian Sheppard, herself a rescue. The two of them found me here in this spot four years ago (2016) covered by the debris of a dead and decaying tree.

They had noticed the mound of weeds and dying vegetation, an unsightly mess if you will. After walking by several times, they decided to clean this area and then plant a new tree, a tree Christine (My Rescue-Mom) raised in her tree nursery.

Soon afterwards, Christine and Ella brought their trailer and tools here to clean and prepare the site for the new tree. She and Ella carefully removed the debris, weeds, vines and other assorted vegetation. As they were lifting one last piece of decaying wood I kind of popped up a bit, which is all I could muster at that moment; I was weak from lack of sunlight, sufficient nutrients, hydration and someone who cared.

Christine and Ella cleared away everything that could be detrimental to my health and well being. Before I knew it I had a healthy drink of cool clean water along with some nutritional supplements. When Chris and Ella found me I was just a skinny weak bent over seedling with just one leaf. That tiny leaf helped save my life. Chris, being an arborist, recognized my little leaf as that of a Post Oak, and here I am today, on my way to becoming a full grown Post Oak like my real Mom just 60 feet west of where I was found.

Here I am August 2020 looking West at my birth Mom 60 ft. away:

Another photo of me August 2020 looking East:

It's now August/September 2020, Chris and Ella have made a new barrier to protect me from the mowers and weed whackers, She has made a guard for my fragile trunk in case someone tries to weed whack around it. So many young trees are needlessly killed by those machines. They damage the bark which protects the cambium layer underneath. The cambium layer is what transfers all the vital hydration and nutrients up and down my trunk and limbs. So please be careful around all trees.

You have most likely heard about CO2/Carbon Dioxide. Well, Without CO2, nothing we know of could live on planet Earth. We are a carbon based world and need both carbon and oxygen to survive. Where do I fit into this picture? Right now I don't contribute as much as a fully grown tree like my Mom, but given the opportunity to survive and a few years I'll be doing a lot for everyone on this planet. What will I be doing? Glad you asked: I'll be converting sunlight and CO2 into leaves and the wood that will make me big and strong .... and I'll also be generating lots of clean pure Oxygen we all need to survive here on earth.

If it's a hot and dry day as you pass by on your way home and you're going to dispose of your unconsumed water, I would appreciate a few drops of it, Only if you are able to spare it.

Thank You all for reading my post and viewing the photos my Rescue-Mom took of me. In my wildest dreams I never would have thought pictures of little me would be on the World Wide Web. Thank You One and All.

More photos will be forthcoming in a few days.

Best Always, Love

Ella the Post Oak
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 01:17:40 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2020, 11:39:49 AM »
Hi Folks,            09 September 2020

Today was Blood draw day at the VA. Have to do this every 6 months due to the Med (Xarelto) I am on. I should get a report in a few days.

Ella the Post Oak Update:

Ella is doing fine since we have been supplementing her water supply. She has perked up a good bit and so has the grass around her. The new barriers have been built and just need to be painted. White PVC with lots of Purple Primer at every joint won't look very nice without paint.

The barrier consists of four 24'' L X 14'' H panels, three of which still need painting. The painting doesn't take long, it's the Drying that is consuming time. It is now fairly humid which does lengthen the cure time (24 hours dry to the touch and seven days for full cure).

Modernized the guard for her lower trunk; it is made from a 4'' dia. X 8'' H length of schedule 40 PVC pipe. It'll take 10 years for her trunk to reach 4 inches in diameter. The guard is split into two halves and is held together with zip/wire ties. When the time comes she no longer needs the guard, clipping the ties will release it without injury to the tree.

Hope to have the barrier panels painted and installed by this weekend. Photos will be forthcoming. Think I'll run up and take a couple unless it's raining.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2020, 11:54:48 AM »
Hi Folks,                09 September 2020

So much for photo taking. Got 2 feet off the porch and a deluge started. This is good for Ella and will help soften the soil for the panels. It won't speed the painting as that has to be done outdoors (spray). I think we are in for a couple days of super high humidity.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2020, 08:54:06 PM »
Hi Folks,                     11 September 2001

Please Remember 911, who and what those evil people that did it are/were.

Ella the Post Oak Update

Below are the most recent photos of Ella the Post Oak. Taken today late afternoon around sunset.

You will notice the grass growing in her patch of soil is nice and green thanks to the water and fertilizer we gave her.

Looking East Northeast toward DFW Airport:

Looking North toward Oklahoma:

Here I am with my refurbished Trunk Guard 11 Sep 2020:

Here is where my Rescue Mom (Chris) and Ella found me in 2016; I was stuck down under all that refuse struggling to stay alive. Thanks Ella and Chris for rescuing me.

I'm now about 2 feet tall and my trunk is about 1/2 inch in diameter; it was about 1/16'' when mom and Ella found and saved me in late 2016.

My new Guard Barrier is built and needs painting, the same color you see on the trunk guard. That should happen tomorrow (Saturday 12 Sep 20) and be installed in a day or two, Once it's in place the wooden stakes will be removed and the area will look much nicer. I'm so excited I can hardly wait until it's finished and installed. Thanks folks, see you again soon.

Best Always, Love

Ella the Post Oak
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2020, 12:25:00 AM »
Hi Folks,                  13 September 2020

First off I want to acknowledge Dena for doing the work on the photos. If it weren't for Her, they wouldn't exist nor would this site. Thank You Dear, I Love You!

The barrier was painted today; it is now curing and will probably be installed Monday.

The wooden stakes will be removed, a large area around Ella will be mowed and then the four sided 24'' X 14'' barrier panels will be installed. The barrier is constructed of 1'' schedule 40 PVC; about 40 - 50 feet of it plus 41 fittings and a lot of PVC Cleaner, Purple Primer, HD Cement and two spray cans of Rust-Oleum Gloss "Winter Gray" Paint+Primer.

If I do say so myself, so far, it looks great.

As soon as it is finished, additional photos will be posted.

My yard has over 90 trees in various stages of growth. Most are White Oak, several Burr Oak, Pecan and Elm, and one Prickly Ash. Most I have planted and some where nature's doing. All have been nurtured by yours truly.

When first planted, a lot of folks laughed at them because they were tall, skinny and without limbs during their first 7 - 10 years. Now they are large trees with limbs high up enough to not get in the way of enjoying a walk in the yard; no ducking required. They are now the envy of the neighborhood. All have nice straight trunks without scars from limb removal.

Take care, see you in a couple days.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2020, 10:50:35 PM »
Hi Folks,                  13 September 2020

Bit of a glitch in the paint; will splain later, need to get to bed. The Barrier will not be installed tomorrow.

Take Care folks.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2020, 11:04:38 PM »
Hi Folks,                15 September 2020

The paint glitch was caused by me. I moved the panels into my big black Crown Victoria that sits out in the sun and gets like an oven; decided to use it as one so I put the panels in the car with wax paper where the panels leaned against the seatbacks. When I went to check on them they were stuck to the wax paper.

Short story long, I need to sand the areas where the paper is stuck to the paint and then repaint those spots. Fortunately, there are no large areas damaged by my stupidity. Live and learn.

So, it'll be a few more days before the panels are ready to be installed. They do look good but I don't like flaws in anything I do.

We did have some decent rain and cooler weather, which I'm certain Ella appreciated. It has cooled off considerably this past week.

Take care folks.

Best always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org