Author Topic: 2021 February 3, The 1776 project.  (Read 102 times)

Offline Dena

• Guru/Village Idiot
  • Administrator
2021 February 3, The 1776 project.
« on: February 03, 2021, 10:41:28 PM »
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana

When I was in school, I thought one of the most useless things I was taught was history. We were provided with lists of names, places and dates to memorize and I had no clue what it could be used for. Latter in life, I started seeing educational TV telling the stories of history and history became interesting.

Think of history much like Back to the Future II. The professor and Marty return to the present and discover that everything has changed. They discover that a Sports Score book they left in the past caused a chain of events to happen that changed the future. Imagine if the Declaration of Independence hadn't been written. If the Colonies hadn't defeated England. If the north hadn't won the Civil war. These are critical events in our past and the past of the world. If the United States hadn't become a super power, Germany might have won World War One and clearly would have won World War II.

Something I will get into once current events calm down, hopefully, is to explain the events that have shaped the world we live in today. The twentieth century has multiple decision points that determined the word we live in today. This is why I find the 1619 project disturbing. It's an effort to rewrite history to achieve a political agenda including critical race theory. Children taught the 1619 project will grow up with a distorted view of the world that may never be corrected and they could end up fighting the wrong battle.

To counter this, Trump had a group of historians produce a summary of our history with all its blemishes. The report was placed on the White House we site and it was one of the first things that Biden had removed. Fortunately, copies of the report were saved and posted on several other web sites. It's in PDF format so I suggest you download a copy for yourself. It's short enough that you can read it in one sitting and it's a good conversation starter if you want to discuss history. You may also print it and pass a copy to a friend. I don't know all the places that are keeping it safe but Glen Beck has a copy posted on this web site.
Email contact through dena@transhaven.org

Offline Kiera

• Airline Gentry . . duh! What gender am i?
    • Blogs: Second Type Forums
Re: 2021 February 3, The 1776 project.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 08:48:26 AM »
I don't know all the places that are keeping it safe but Glen Beck has a copy posted on this web site.

Will *look* and make a backup myself . . it's what I do library has become quite extensive! I understand Trump has become the first former President . . .

. . NOT to have plans for a library (and, of course, couldn't make the "cancel culture" HAPPIER)!

The Resistance is growing!
North Dakota Legislators Plan To Nullify Biden’s Executive Orders At State Level
Missouri Bill Would Prohibit Enforcement of Unconstitutional Federal Gun Laws
DeSantis’s Big Tech Crackdown Will Set the Standard for the Rest of the Country
IT’S OFFICIAL: Biden Breaks Promise To Provide $2,000 Direct Stimulus Checks – Psaki

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 02:16:35 PM by Kiera »