Author Topic: 2021 February 27, Merrick Garland's nomination for AG  (Read 148 times)

Offline Dena

• Guru/Village Idiot
  • Administrator
2021 February 27, Merrick Garland's nomination for AG
« on: February 27, 2021, 11:58:56 AM »
Our government exist for all people and should treat all people the same. Unfortunately this isn't always true. Under the Obama administration the IRS was weaponized against the Republicans by denying the tax breaks that where given to the Democrats. The National Security agency and FBI were used to spy on Republican. Remember that this type of activity on a much smaller scale was why Nixon was going to be impeached.

Now we have Merrick Garland's nomination for Attorney General. If that name isn't familiar to you, he was nominate for the Supreme Court at the end of the Obama administration and the Senate refused to hear the nomination. As Attorney General, he would be required to enforce federal laws equally and not show favoritism in his actions.

It appears that if he is selected, conservative will find themselves in a constant battle with the federal government and the only way to resolve it will be to take cases to the Supreme Court for a final ruling.

We are fortunate that he isn't on the Supreme Court but we could face 4 year of the legal system bringing charges against anybody not associated with the left.

Glen Beck provides his take on the nomination.

The National review points out another issue. Our government should provide equality which means we are equal before the law. We must be given equal freedom and we must be treated equally in the legal system. Garland believes in equity which means that the government is to provide an equal outcome. An example of this is if I want to become a rock star, the government must ensure I become one no matter how may eardrums I damage. Under equality, the government only ensures I am free to follow my dream but others will decide if I am any good.

I try to provide links that aren't behind a paywall as I don't expect you to lay out money to read what I post. This link is also from the National Review and is behind a paywall. I posted it because Their policy is to allow you three free views a month so it might be free to you if you want to view it. Some of what this link contains is already covered in the above links but you might want to view it if you want to go a little deeper into the subject.

Unless some of the Democrats reject the nomination, it's very likely that Garland will be approved. If he is, it's going to be a rough 4 years and expect the courts to be overloaded with appeals.
Email contact through dena@transhaven.org