Author Topic: 2021 May 29, Ex-UN Ambassador Nikki Haley  (Read 104 times)

Offline Dena

• Guru/Village Idiot
  • Administrator
2021 May 29, Ex-UN Ambassador Nikki Haley
« on: May 29, 2021, 01:07:15 PM »
I made an attempt to write an introduction to these links and decided it was best to throw the whole thing out and make a new attempt at it. How do you write an introduction to somebody who not only has done everything but has done all of it well? Nikki Haley was a state representative, governor and ambassador to the UN. She offers clear, well reasoned answers to many of the issues we face today.

The first interview is with Dave Rubin of the Rubin report. I haven't posted his work up to now because normally he covers three unrelated topics in a segment. This runs an hour and three minutes covering a wide range of topics. You might have heard of Dave from someplace else. He was a member of the young turks before becoming conservative. He also has a husband so you might have seen him on the streets of Los Angles attending some of the functions.

The second interview is a Glenn Beck pod cast which runs an hour and 9 minutes. While there is some duplication of topic between the two, it's well worth watching both segments because of the wide range of topics covered.
Email contact through dena@transhaven.org

Offline Kiera

• Airline Gentry . . duh! What gender am i?
    • Blogs: Second Type Forums
Re: 2021 May 29, Ex-UN Ambassador Nikki Haley
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 05:25:38 AM »
Dena, check this out . . in "TeenVogue" no less!

The U.S. Needs a New Constitution to Address the Fundamental Wrong of Slavery
This op-ed argues that addressing racism in the U.S. requires replacing our constitution with one guided by principles of equality and human rights.

Offline Dena

• Guru/Village Idiot
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 09:17:30 AM »
Dena, check this out . . in "TeenVogue" no less!

The U.S. Needs a New Constitution to Address the Fundamental Wrong of Slavery
This op-ed argues that addressing racism in the U.S. requires replacing our constitution with one guided by principles of equality and human rights.
Critical race theory. Because of our skin color, we will always be responsible for slavery. My family name entered the U.S. from Canada after the civil war. The remainder of my family was never in the south until my generation moved to Arizona and it's possible some of my family fought with the North. I can prove that my family paid taxes to support the Union cause. Many in the north gave their life to fight slavery and yet, some people think we have to continue give our life just because our skin isn't dark. I don't believe it for a moment but what they are saying is blacks are incapable of caring for themselves and thus should be cared for like a master cares for their slaves.

No, the democrats with LBJ and the great society destroyed the black family and culture. They taught the black family you don't need a father to have children as the government will see to your needs. You don't need a job as the government will see to your needs. We are seeing now where the COVID money is keeping people from seeking jobs and this money was provided for a short time compared to what the Great Society idea is still dumping into the black community. The Democrats feel guilty for starting the Civil war, having slaves and for destroying the black family so now they want everybody else to help them feel less guilt. Don't fall for the trap because it will only make things worst instead of better.

We need to do what is still done in Arizona. Charity needs to happen at a local level where the people in need can be properly evaluated before they are given help. Nobody should be making a life on the goodness of the government but instead are given what they need to get them back on their feet. If you want to be lazy, that's fine but don't expect me to pay for it. If your having a difficult time, I will be happy to help you get on your feet again but no more. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and I have worked all my life for what I have. Social security sent me the letter that they send when your approach age 70 and haven't filed for it yet. OK, I have applied for it but I am not retiring because I don't expect the government to keep it's promise to me. I don't know how they will break it, only that they will.
Email contact through dena@transhaven.org

Offline Kiera

• Airline Gentry . . duh! What gender am i?
    • Blogs: Second Type Forums
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 06:47:42 AM »
Social security sent me the letter that they send when your approach age 70 and haven't filed for it yet.

I collected early, age 62, because I wanted OUT of the workforce and no longer subject to anybody's "rule". Also retired from 30yr airline career early at "52" they wanted us "senior, expensive ones" GONE via a buyout so was happy to accommodate, survived on a meager defined benefit 10yr pension which, btw, no longer exists/is offered no more.

Worked out well, being "unemployed", while figuring divorce "child support"!  8)  ;)

If one does the math it would have taken me 14+ years to make up the difference, money forgone if had waited until 66 plus 3 months to collect at normal, 'full retire' age (I'd be 80 years old when just breaking 'even") I still work part-time, of course, as nobody else seems to want . . to accept an honest, realistic "market driven" wage for a not-so-honest day's work?