Author Topic: Orchidektomie recovery  (Read 630 times)

Offline Margrit

Orchidektomie recovery
« on: December 28, 2019, 02:05:47 PM »
How long took it to heal after you had the procedure get done?

Offline Margrit

Re: Orchidektomie recovery
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 06:07:27 AM »

How long took it until you was able to Tuck again? If we still can cal  it"Tucking".

Offline Margrit

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 09:23:44 AM »
Thank you for to explain it to me.
That helps me a lot

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
  • I'm "Friday" Mom's Bed Bud
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 11:32:02 PM »
Hi Folks,                29 December 2019

13 April 2018 I had a Bilateral, Radical inguinal Orchiectomy. My recovery was fast, a little discomfort for a couple days handled by Tylenol. The two small incisions, one over each Inguinal canal were healed in a week. Today I really have to look to find any scars. I was back doing heavy work in 10 days'; Doctor's orders.

I had seen the results of a Simple Orchi and decided that wasn't for me. Too much needless pain, swelling, suture tears and a lengthy recovery. The research I did indicated the inguinal was the best option of the three most common Orchiectomies.

I had mine done here in the DFW area by Dr. Peter Raphael in Plano, Texas just north of Dallas. The cost was $3325.00 for everything, Surgery, surgery suite, anesthesiologist, Pre op, 2 Post op; one stop shopping. They only do the Inguinal Orchie, less scaring to deal with when having GCS/SRS.

If I had it to do over again, I would want it done with local anesthesia rather than general.

Do your research and then decide what's best for you.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Worrying Never Makes It Better.
Christine@transhaven.org