Author Topic: Intro  (Read 426 times)

Offline Iztaccihuatl

Intro
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:41:12 AM »
Happy New Year to everybody!

This is Heidemarie, a.k.a. Iztaccihuatl. I am sure a bunch of you have seen my posts on another site. I kept my user name Iztaccihuatl the same here simply because it goes hand in hand with my avatar picture.

My current status is MTF transgender trying to figure out how far I would like to go and struggling to take my wife with me on the ride.

I plan to open a personal blog and carry over some entries I have already posted elsewhere.

And now time to empty that last glass of New Year's champagne (a french rosé one) and go get some sleep! This last year of this decade will surely be an interesting one!

Hugs,

Heidemarie

P.S. Since I have already seen a couple of German posts here, I'll go ahead and out myself as one of those pesky German speakers here as well (besides Linde, Thessa and Margit; four of us already makes a club)!

Offline Iztaccihuatl

Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 03:27:23 PM »
Tongue in cheek and devilish grinning:  Hallo Heidi und Resi, oder beser Heidilein und Resilein?
Viele Gruesse
Das Lindelein

Hmmm, stand das Lindelein nicht am Brünnchen vor dem Törchen?  ;D

Offline Iztaccihuatl

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 03:37:53 PM »
Hi Heidemarie,

happy to see you again!
I totally get that with Heidi, I'm not fond of getting called Resi. ;)

Welcome to the club!
Thessa :)

I totally get that with Resi, it just reminds me of the 80ies song from some dude in Bavaria (I believe) that went like: "Resi, i hoi di mit'm Traktor o" (Resi, I'll pick you up with my tractor), just way, way too folksy and country-ishy...

So I take that Thessa is short for Theresia?

Hugs,

Heide

Offline Iztaccihuatl

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 03:40:54 PM »
Ja, genau dort!
Linden sind ja keine natuerlichen Baeume hier in Nordamerika, das amerikanische Basswood, ist die version davon hier (wie ueblich in Amerika, wo Alles groesser ist, sind natuerlich sind die Blaetter auch erheblich groesser).  Ich habe mir deswegen extra einen Lindenbaum am Anfang vor meiner Einfahrt auf meinem Grundstueck in Norden gepflanzt!  Nur hatte ich leider keinen Brunnen dort!

Du hättest nur graben müssen, irgendwann einmal wärst Du dann sicher auf Grundwasser gestoßen!

Offline Iztaccihuatl

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 03:44:57 PM »
Tongue in cheek and devilish grinning:  Hallo Heidi und Resi, oder beser Heidilein und Resilein?
Viele Gruesse
Das Lindelein

BTW, in Austria you would also encounter Reserl as a diminutive of Resi. Doesn't make it any better in my opinion...

Offline Iztaccihuatl

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 03:51:19 PM »
Almost, it's Theresa
I know what song you are referring to.

I preferred the Rosi Song ...do you remember her number?

32-16-8 is Rosi's number (according to "Scandal about Rosi" by Spider Murphy Gang)

I just love the 80ies....

Offline Iztaccihuatl

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 03:58:15 PM »
Auch ich hab ihre Nummer schon

[size=78%]unter 32-16-8 herrscht Konjunktur die ganze Nacht... not sure if I would want to be in that business...[/size]

Offline Iztaccihuatl

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 03:59:16 PM »
@Linde: Don't forget to watch the New Year's concert from Vienna tonight (here it is on PBS at 8:00pm).

Offline Iztaccihuatl

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 10:53:12 PM »
Not necessarily!

Still I remember the time fondly when it was played every time we went out and we and everyone else was singing along.

I remember that time very fondly as well, it was like my junior and senior year in high school and besides Spider Murphy Gang the Neue Deutsche Welle had a couple of amazing acts, just think of Trio, Falco, Nena, Peter Schilling or Geier Sturzflug. These were good times...

I guess this shows my age  ;) . When the movie "Atomic Blonde" (which takes place in 80'ies Berlin) came out my daughters stated after the family trip to the movie theater that I have been carrying the entire soundtrack for years on my iPhone... (and I have to admit that this is kinda true...)