Author Topic: TERFS and all those "Fetish-Dressing" Wanna-be's?  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Kiera

• Lauren Bacall . .
    • Twitter
TERFS and all those "Fetish-Dressing" Wanna-be's?
« on: January 13, 2020, 10:42:25 AM »
Into the Heart of TERFness
by Wyatt Edward Gates Dec 23, 2019 (a transman?)
   TERFs hatred of trans women isn’t just academic, it’s something more sinister.

Speaking of very expensive athletic wear shopping, "wannabe women" and "fetishes" don't cis women enjoy a form of "fetish dressing" too or do they just enjoy torturing the minds of all those admiring, pursuing but otherwise "male predators"?

Quote from: Wyatt
       Lesbian TERFs will tell you that lesbian sex is a sacred act, but there is no joy, no celebration of themselves as sexual beings. To the TERF, their body isn’t their own, it is a weak point to be constantly guarded against. Femininity isn’t a joy, it is pain; a female-presenting body is a prison to be suffered in. Now where have I heard “I’m trapped in a body I resent” before… hmm.

Confusing "cause" with "effect"? Are we "fake women" because we so enjoy the "fetish" of "dressing like" (women we otherwise desire?) /or/ are we indeed "female" precisely because, unlike a lot of "cis", we CAN admit/own up to using/flaunting Our Power of "Sexuality" over an otherwise "offensive", male patriarchal world?

Offline Kiera

• Lauren Bacall . .
    • Twitter
Re: TERFS and all those "Fetish-Dressing" Wanna-be's?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 12:20:15 PM »
     Interesting, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that some women would look at the option of identifying as male to escape to social expectations and oppression of their physical sex.

Well here's one such viewpoint, judge for yourselves ('cause unsure really what to make of it, just don't "get it")

I Gave Up Beauty to Be Me
"To the world, I was conventionally attractive. Then I transitioned"
by Devon Price Oct 28, 2019 in Human Parts

Having something that others desperately wanted, yet knowing it wasn’t really for me produced a kind of twisted guilt. I hadn’t asked to be the perfect woman. I never wanted this body. It came with a lot of social power, but it felt like a cage.

(ps if not subbed to medium, cannot view, will transcribe
HERE after picking up 4-year-old from preschool!)