Author Topic: dyeing  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Margrit

dyeing
« on: February 20, 2020, 10:02:01 AM »
l had a hair-do last week, I desperately needed some color........

Who is dyeing too?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 11:35:35 PM by Jessica »
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

MadameDuFromage

Re: dyeing
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 12:19:03 PM »
I really have more gray hair than most people my parent's age.  Better vanity through science!

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
  • I'm "Friday" Mom's Bed Bud
Dyeing / Coloring Hair
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 12:39:17 PM »
Hi Ladies,               20 February 2020

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about the "Grimm Reaper" and didn't want any part of it. On closer inspection, I noticed it was "Dyeing" and not "Dying," A little too spooky for comfort and probably why there aren't many posts on this thread.

Now, on to the subject at hand:

My hair, what there is of it, is snow white. Since Pink is my favorite color, where can I find pink hair dye? Do you think it would be better to have it done at a beauty saloon? I need it trimmed and styled feminine and I think Pink hair would go a long way in making me look like the female I really am and saving me the expense of FFS, GCS, SRS.

I do have a sorta bald spot on the top of my melon and have thought if I do the Pink hair, maybe I should have that sorta bald spot tattooed pink to match.

All helpful suggestions will be muchly appreciated.

Best Always, Love

Christine
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:09:54 PM by Dena »
Worrying Never Makes It Better.
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 01:07:19 PM »
I really have more gray hair than most people my parent's age.  Better vanity through science!

Hello Madame,               20 February 2020

By any Chance, are you from France?

I have to agree with your statement. I can't attest to having more gray than my folks as I haven't seen them in years and hope it'll be many more before I do.

Since you know me personally, what do you think Pink hair will do for me, besides elicit a few chuckles and downright Heehaws?

By the way, I have been to France once in my life. I had the honor and privilege of it being the only country I have ever been kicked out of aside from Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Mexico, Canada, England, Spain, Portugal, Ireland Norte y Sud, Okinawa, Philippines, Guam, and last but not least, The USA. They made the mistake of pulling my passport so they have to let me stay here as a refuge.

Thanks in advance Madame.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

MadameDuFromage

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 01:20:27 PM »
Pink hair and a pink wardrobe could be fun.  That would turn heads for certain.  Though in Texas or Arizona someone of your age rocking pink from head to toe would be far from the oddest thing someone would see on any given day.

My heritage is mostly French on both sides of the family, though one side took a detour through Quebec on the way over.

I can't say I've ever been kicked out of a country.  The parties I went to were lame.

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 01:44:41 PM »
Pink hair and a pink wardrobe could be fun.  That would turn heads for certain.  Though in Texas or Arizona someone of your age rocking pink from head to toe would be far from the oddest thing someone would see on any given day.

My heritage is mostly French on both sides of the family, though one side took a detour through Quebec on the way over.

I can't say I've ever been kicked out of a country.  The parties I went to were lame.

Hello Again Madame,                 20 February 2020

I went into France in 1966 when De Gaulle was president. I drove in from San Sebastian Spain. Was only in France long enough to show them my military ID card. Instantly, I was "personae non gratae." I came mighty close in a couple others. I think one had something to do with alcohol,  smashing up a "Rental Sports Car" and maybe leaving the scene without reporting it to the fuzz. Didn't just leave the scene, left the country!

I do wear a lot of pink so the hair should be complimentary to my wardrobe.

Take Care, and thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll give it a try; nothing to lose except time and money. If one has fun then it's worth it; if it brings a smile to someone's face, it's a bonus.

I will post a photo if I can find someone willing to risk camera damage by taking my picture.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Iztaccihuatl

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 02:07:44 PM »
Instantly, I was "personae non gratae."

Just out of curiosity, for how many people did the French count you? (Personae is plural, so they must have counted you for at least 2, otherwise you would have been a persona non grata).

Heidemarie

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
Dyeing / Coloring Hair
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 05:06:42 PM »

Just out of curiosity, for how many people did the French count you? (Personae is plural, so they must have counted you for at least 2, otherwise you would have been a persona non grata).

Heidemarie

Hi Ixtaccíhuatl,               20 February 2020

Thanks for your response; there were 2 of us, My buddy Hank and me; the first thing they saw was my military ID as I was driving; American military were not welcome in France at that time.

We thought we would visit France since we were in the vicinity. A story about that trip is in the works.

We didn't consider the fact that Charlie de G. was on his Anti-American rampage at the time. Didn't mind, just never went back; had many other places much more interesting and hospitable to Gringos that we visited.

I don't blame him for his dislike of Americans, after all, we did invaded his country Tuesday 06 June 1944 at Normandy France; always sticking our noses in other people's business; no wonder Charlie was ticked off 22 years after that fact.

The story about the aforementioned trip is true and a bit humorous. Figured I needed a change of pace .... just for a little while; I'll be posting it soon. I still have more Cop tales that need to be told.

Thanks for the grammar lesson. I spent a few days in Mexico, DF; about 1000 more or less. Had many good times there. Did a bit of work in Puebla automating Banco de Oriente. Loved the city, home of the Volkswagen Beetle at that time, may still be. Spent about 6 months there; had many good friends and a few very special ones.

I left Mexico DF 01 January 1999, 21 years ago, which was the last time I was in that country. I miss it and the friends I left behind, but, I will not go back until they have the violence problem resolved. When will that be? As long as the drug using citizens of this country keep the demand up, there will be those ready, willing and able to supply it.... and the violence goes on. Too much money involved and too many vested interests in influential positions. As I have heard it said: "Money talks, BS walks." Follow the money.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

MadameDuFromage

Re: dying
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 06:44:26 PM »
Sadly both the old beetle and the new beetle are muerte.  VW still makes cars there as I recall but no more bugs.

Offline Iztaccihuatl

Re: Dyeing / Coloring Hair
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 06:44:54 PM »

Hi Ixtaccíhuatl,               20 February 2020

Thanks for your response; there were 2 of us, My buddy Hank and me; the first thing they saw was my military ID as I was driving; American military were not welcome in France at that time.

We thought we would visit France since we were in the vicinity. A story about that trip is in the works.

We didn't consider the fact that Charlie de G. was on his Anti-American rampage at the time. Didn't mind, just never went back; had many other places much more interesting and hospitable to Gringos that we visited.

I don't blame him for his dislike of Americans, after all, we did invaded his country Tuesday 06 June 1944 at Normandy France; always sticking our noses in other people's business; no wonder Charlie was ticked off 22 years after that fact.

The story about the aforementioned trip is true and a bit humorous. Figured I needed a change of pace .... just for a little while; I'll be posting it soon. I still have more Cop tales that need to be told.

Thanks for the grammar lesson. I spent a few days in Mexico, DF; about 1000 more or less. Had many good times there. Did a bit of work in Puebla automating Banco de Oriente. Loved the city, home of the Volkswagen Beetle at that time, may still be. Spent about 6 months there; had many good friends and a few very special ones.

I left Mexico DF 01 January 1999, 21 years ago, which was the last time I was in that country. I miss it and the friends I left behind, but, I will not go back until they have the violence problem resolved. When will that be? As long as the drug using citizens of this country keep the demand up, there will be those ready, willing and able to supply it.... and the violence goes on. Too much money involved and too many vested interests in influential positions. As I have heard it said: "Money talks, BS walks." Follow the money.

Best Always, Love

Christine

Thanks for the explanations, Christine! At least it confirms I read that correctly.

I had a chuckle when I read your description of the Normandy invasion of '44.

I am down in Mexico quite a bit, both for work as well as for family reasons. Even drove all the way from Indianapolis to Mexico City once, took me 2 days. The Volkswagen plant is still there in Puebla, although they stopped producing the (original) Beetles. And the taxi cabs in Mexico City are not Beetles anymore with their passenger seat removed.

Hugs,

Heidemarie

MadameDuFromage

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 07:23:47 PM »
I really want a Ghia but I may have to settle for an easier to find beetle.  They're just fun little cars.

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
Hair Tinting and Styling
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 04:06:45 PM »
Hi Folks,              21 February 2020

Went to a Hair "saloon" today, I know, it's Salon, I prefer saloon, one of the places where I spent my formative years. I have an appointment for Monday afternoon to have my hair shampooed, trimmed, styled and coloured PINK.

When I'm done and back, I'll have my neighbor use my camera to take a few photos of my Pups and then me. I'll post the best of the lot. Don't be surprised if you see Pups and no me.

See you-all Lunes en la tarde.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
It Ain't dying, It's Dyeing
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 08:22:06 PM »
Hi Folks,             21 February 2020

I've always had a thing for long straight hair. I'd love to have hair like the gal in the top photo of Katie's post. What did I get saddled with? BRILLO. Hmm, come to think of it, Brillo has Pink soap imbedded in it; SOS has Blue. I Love PINK.

I'm anxious to do this so I'm-a-gonna try and move my appointment to tomorrow instead of Monday. I've never done this before so it'll be an exciting new adventure for this young ole goat.

Dena and I were talking earlier and I mentioned that when I was at the Saloon today, I introduced myself and said I was Transgender; I received a warm welcome in return. Everyone smiled, even the patrons that were within earshot.

I don't know if I'm living in a bubble or what. I have never gotten a negative response and people seem to actually get nicer. A lot of people say Texas and the south is filled with a bunch of bigots. I have yet to see the bigotry that is supposedly here.

Believe me, I don't try to hide my femininity, I dress in obviously female clothing and my color choices are definitely wild. What I really hope this says is that the average person wants to be inclusive and is tired of all the bashing of anyone who doesn't conform to some self appointed guardian of the social structure's looney ideas.

No matter which side of the isle you are on, there are demagogues on both sides that are always stirring the pot; that's their source of power and wealth.

I Hope I can get in tomorrow as I can hardly wait to see the end result. I will definitely wear all pink; top, tank, panties, slacks, socks, shoes and hat. All I need now is a pink purse. The purse will have to wait; no time to shop for one.

When I am finished at the Saloon, I will head to "Nothing Bundt Cakes" for a couple Bundtlets and to gauge the reaction I get from customers and the staff; it should be a good sample of folks tolerances. Next, it'll be off to Home DePot; a great place to encounter a large number of males. I don't think there will be a single negative issue. Then if time permits, I may stop by Kohl's to see if they have a Pink Purse that rocks my boat. All these places are within a 1.5 mile distance from start to finish.

Will report back tomorrow if I can get in.

Hasta mañana.

Best Always, Amor

Christine
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 09:50:23 PM by Christine »
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Margrit

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 09:13:35 AM »
But now you even dream of looking like old!  I would be delighted to give you some of the years I carry on my back!  How many do you want, 10, 20 or even 30 and more?  Be my guest, take'm!

Hugs
Linde

ohhhhhhh by the way, I also have sone years to spent  8) 10? 20? 25? 30????
feel free, just grab them

My ex mother in law was a person like this.  It felt as if she was born old, and it drove her kids nuts.  Later, when she was old, she did not like it!

Hugs
Linde

Well, most folks wants to get very old but no one wants to be old. right?
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
My New Do to Be.
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 10:22:48 PM »
Hi Folks,              22 February 2020

Well, I tried to have my hair appointment changed to today. Called early this AM; booked solid so I had  to remain with my Monday appointment.

That's OK, gave me a chance to visit Kohl's to find a nice pink purse. I did find something I kind of liked, but refused to buy a purse made of fake plastic that cost $60.00. I'll go to one of the high end department stores like Wally World or Target and find something really nice made of genuine recycled Leather.

Plastic Leather, or Pleather if you will, isn't in my playbook; I'd rather have nothing than a piece of cheaply made junk. My 8th wife didn't mind having junky things; I was her 12th husband, What better proof is there?

I was lucky when we got divorced. I set out all the recyclables late Saturday  afternoon for Monday's pickup. Darned if she didn't come over with her 18 wheeler early Sunday morning and hurriedly load her trailer with all that junk. I know it wasn't because the boxes were marked, Bedroom, Kitchen, Dining Room, Tool Room, Pharmaceuticals, Etc.

Guess I'll hit the aforementioned high end department stores late tomorrow afternoon; I do like getting there early.

I really am anxious to have my hair done. The idea of Pink hair has Willy salivating. I told my neighbor lady friend I planned to have my hair done Monday afternoon and that I want her to photograph me with my new do. It'll be interesting to see how she reacts.

That about wraps it up for today, Really looking forward to Monday afternoon. I'll catch up with ya-all Lunes en la tarde. Take care mis amigas.

Best Always, Love

Christine

PS:

Hope to have photos for ya.
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2020, 12:19:36 PM »
Hi Folks,              24 February 2020

Back from my Hair Saloon appointment. A total Disaster, not what I expected.

It Looks way beyond anything I could have anticipated. I've never had my hair tinted and styled before. Now This:

IT LOOKS FANTISTIC!!!

I didn't have the slightest idea how this would turn out. I can't find the words to describe how Great I feel about my very first DO; it gives me hope that I can really look forward to presenting Fem after a bit of FFS, Nasal Reconstruction, Hair Transplant, SRS, GCS, HRT, TNT, XYZ, Anything Else I Wanna Be.

I Got so excited I even got a Woody; Wilma ain't Dead, just been snoozing.

This calls for a celebration; I know, I'll break out the refreshments and enjoy the evening. Let's see what I have in the way of refreshments: Water, Gator Aid, Hot Tea, Hot chocolate, OJ and Milk; For Snacks: Oreo and Lorna Doone  Cookies. Got it, Cookies and Milk. Think I'll start on that right Now!!!

Photos Coming Soon!!!

Best Always, Love

Christine 
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Maddie

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 07:34:21 AM »
This is an interesting thread!

Christine your stories are gold. Can't wait to see the photos since your salon experience.

My hair has been turning grey since I was 20.  I secretly or not-so-secretly dyed it to keep it dark for years in guy mode. Actually had  women try to make feel ashamed of it.  Saying "guys can't do that" lol. That inspired me to keep doing it..

Now have not dyed it in six years, and not yet since coming out more open about transition mtf. It has grown out long and mixed dark brown and grey.  Trying out cheap wigs sometimes to get a feel for what I look like as different colors.

MadameDuFromage you bear uncanny resemblence to my female relatives on my mothers side. They are French Canadian and irish.

I have considered dying my hair even more silver, but hesitant since I was told darker hair would require bleaching first.
Head up moving forward

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 07:51:41 AM »
This is an interesting thread!

Christine I vote for the pink hair!  Your stories are gold.

My hair has been turning grey since I was 20.  I secretly or not-so-secretly dyed it to keep it dark for years in guy mode. Actually had  women try to make feel ashamed of it.  Saying "guys can't do that" lol. That inspired me to keep doing it..

Now have not dyed it in six years, and not yet since coming out more open about transition mtf. It has grown out long and mixed dark brown and grey.  Trying out cheap wigs sometimes to get a feel for what I look like as different colors.

MadameDuFromage you bear uncanny resemblence to my female relatives on my mothers side. They are French Canadian and irish.

I have considered dying my hair even more silver, but hesitant since I was told darker hair would require bleaching first.

@Maddie
Hi Maddie,               26 February 2020

Thank You Maddie; I love the pink hair. The next time I may try Fuchsia, like the color of this text.

I've come to the conclusion we as a group worry to much about what others think. The reality as I see it, most people are so self absorbed they are not thinking, especially about us. I do what I want and don't give a concern about what someone else thinks. Besides, all they are probably thinking is what next to stuff in their pie hole.

Gotta run, have and Endo apt this AM. Been waiting for this since yesterday when I made my appt. As soon as I can I'll post pics of the PINK DO.

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 02:33:20 PM »
Hi All,                26 February 2020

Back from my Endo. She upped my Estradiol dosage. I'm back to the dosage I originally started with on 27 March 2018. I went 14 months on No-Mones and didn't like the way they made me feel. I started seeing traces of the old self I had discarded returning. I never liked being a male, I never liked me when I was one, and didn't like seeing and/or feeling some of it returning.

I really do like the PINK hair. No one has made a negative comment, and I have had a few compliments. Pink is me and has been for years. It is now my official Colour.

Take care All,

Best Always, Love

Christine
Christine@transhaven.org