Author Topic: ‘Girl’ – Movie review & comments [spoilers]  (Read 643 times)

Offline Complete

Re: ‘Girl’ – Movie review & comments [spoilers]
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »
In an effort to try and get this "conversation"(?) back on track, let me put this question directly to you, Kiera.
Quote from: Complete on Yesterday at 08:06:25 PM
Nevertheless, this begs the question, What are his patients trying to achieve? What is their end goal? What is Powers facilitating?
Also, a simple request: Might you please make an effort to avoid all the distracting rambling about birds on refrigerators, trips to/from the South Pacific, and nudist camps.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 12:59:36 PM by Complete »

Offline Complete

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2020, 08:56:52 AM »
Perhaps there is a clue here.
  Yes! And we do need to talk more about "comorbidities" because don't feel I fit into the common narrative of either here or there. Never did experience excessive "dysphoria", the only exception being when intoxicated on a certain "no lie" drug, am a firm believer in the idea of "informed consent" BUT "social life  success" in general should certainly be the final arbitor and if indeed one needs a RLE than something there is definitely AMISS . .

Offline Kiera

• Landed Airline Gentry . . Bags packed but where?
    • Blogs: Second Type Forums
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2020, 02:14:06 PM »
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 06:14:18 PM by Kiera »

Offline Complete

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2020, 01:23:14 PM »
How is it that a discussion about a young woman suffering through the trials and tribulations of an actual attempt to transition from male to female, IN PLAIN SIGHT of everyone is suddenly and narcistically DE-RAILED into nudist camps and 56 Chevys?
Is this some attempt at asserting male dominance or just a trip down (male) memory lane?

Offline Antisthenes

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2020, 11:39:37 AM »
No demerits for anyone. Brownie points all around. Personally, I love me a Bel Air Fuelie with a nice Art Carr built powerglide, Cragers and some fuzzy's on the rear view. Mine in Candy Apple, si vouz plez😍. Cruising Candy. After all, a girl's gotta relax.😋

Offline Christine

• Dena's Assistant
  • Administrator
  • I'm "Friday" Mom's Bed Bud
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2020, 12:15:27 PM »
No demerits for anyone. Brownie points all around. Personally, I love me a Bel Air Fuelie with a nice Art Carr built powerglide, Cragers and some fuzzy's on the rear view. Mine in Candy Apple, si vouz plez😍. Cruising Candy. After all, a girl's gotta relax.😋

Hi @Antisthenes                      27 May 2020

Amen; Thank You dear. I removed my posts because I want all here to know I do not rate any special privileges; you can criticize me without fear of incurring retribution, such as occurs elsewhere.

Your post is fine Antisthenes.

I was off topic, wandered all over the place and deserved to be called out for it; thank you Complete for bringing my screw-up to my attention. I try to learn from my mistakes.

I Thank You @Antisthenes and @Complete, it is members like you and all the other members here who will help make this site a great success. We want you all to feel safe and happy here, free from the fear of retribution.

Thanks for helping to keep me pointed in the right direction.

Best Always, Lots-a-Love

Christine
Worrying Never Makes It Better.
Christine@transhaven.org